Vauxhall Insignia - Clutch and DMF replacement - brodie2708
My clutch was slipping last year when the car was still under warranty, I put it into a vauxhall garage and they could find no fault. I put it in again this year 6 months after warranty expired and I now need a new clutch and DMF. Vauxhall will only pay for part of this as they say it is out of warranty even though I identified the problem before the warranty expired. I'm going to be nearly £600 poorer need some advice on whether I have a case for full payment by vauxhall.
Vauxhall Insignia - Clutch and DMF replacement - madf

Did you put it in writing? Do you have a copy?

If not, your word against theirs.

They say that they found no fault the first time but all they did was take it a run, the car was not dismantled. I get the impression they probably thought it was my driving! I have asked them do they think I made up the fault before the warranty expired just on the off chance the clutch would slip after the warranty expired and I would then be able to make up a claim!
Vauxhall Insignia - Clutch and DMF replacement - Galaxy

Pity you didn't take their technician out in the car with you and demonstrated the fact that the clutch was slipping. Clutches either slip of they don't, but you need to put the clutch under sufficient strain for it to happen. Perhaps they didn't do this when you originally took the car in.

Vauxhall Insignia - Clutch and DMF replacement - Wolfan
My clutch was slipping last year when the car was still under warranty, I put it into a vauxhall garage and they could find no fault. I put it in again this year 6 months after warranty expired and I now need a new clutch and DMF. Vauxhall will only pay for part of this as they say it is out of warranty even though I identified the problem before the warranty expired. I'm going to be nearly £600 poorer need some advice on whether I have a case for full payment by vauxhall.

Clutch wear is wholly dependant on the driving style of the main user and the use to which the car is put i.e. short journeys in town or motorway use, these factors variy the life of a clutch enormously. A bad driver can destroy a clutch in a relatively low mileage, I would be suprised if Vauxhall did not take this into account even when the car was under warranty, you don't say what mileage the car has covered but a part payment doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

28,000 miles, had last car for 8 years and never had clutch problem in nearly 30 years of driving!
Vauxhall Insignia - Clutch and DMF replacement - old-school-tech

Clutch slip is classed as wear and tear anyway, like brakes and tyres and therefore I doubt would be covered under any warranty.

Surely it can't have been that bad when you first took it in, you managed to get another 6 months out of it.