Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - bhekie

hi guys

I;m fixing 207 diesel peugeot diesel.Initially car was battling to start but cranking.but when it got to workshop it stop even to crank

Battery is new

i also got both spare and main key-but on both keys are not cranking.

Actually I m bmw technician my knowledge is little on peugeot.

I had swop the ring antennae but still thre same.on my tests i found that the front engine fuse box is not releasing voltage to the starter-which mean that the starter relay built in the fuse box is not activating .

But the power line coming from the ignition barrel to the relay got enough batter voltage

i replaced the front fuse box-but still no difference

central locking as well is not locking-which make me doubt the immobilisation of the car.

will you please advise

Regards

Chedrack

Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - skidpan

Since you are in the trade I am surprised you don't know a Peugeot chappie.

Since you are in the trade I am surprised you don't know a Peugeot chappie.

Thanks for a repply-i accept that -that;s true I'm actually a bmw technician-first time i work with peugeot thatis why I ask for a advice

regards

Bhekie

Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - Peter.N.

If the starter is not turning the engine I would suspect either a flat battery or faulty starter motor, could also be a bad connection in the starter circuit or faulty ignition switch.

Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - hardway

T'm going to guess here as I don't have acces to Peugeot wiring diagrams at the moment.

But as far I recall the starter relay control terminal is pulled to ground by the BSI,

So scan the body systems interface for faults.

But to help me I will need the build code number from the sticker on the front door "B" pillar and I'll check the diagram.

Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - Gibbo_Wirral

Google "Peugeot Planet Map", you'll find a link to a map of UK Peugeot drivers with the Lexia hardware and who know their way around using it to diagnose faults.

Peugeot technicial diagrams are available for free from Servicebox.

Its also worth having a look in the 207 section of Peugeotforums.com and seeing the common faults on the 207 - water ingress to the wiring loom is the biggest problem.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 16/06/2015 at 14:51

Okay,

I have access to Peugeot wiring diagrams now but will need a whole lot more information to be accurate,

Make:Peugeot.

Engine:? what size/fuel type

Year?

Build code number?

on the sticker on the door lock pillar.

And there's a difference in the wiring from model to T3 model.

But assuming my first guess is right the starter relay in the engine bay fuse box IS controlled by the "BODY SYSTEMS INTERFACE"

So if it's not pulling the relay coil to ground then the relay won't operate or click on key to crank position.

So I'm back to suspecting the BSI.

check it for water ingress,

common on Peugeot's

I'm sorry not to respond-today I'm not at work next to the car-I will give all information tommorrow

Peugeot 207 5 door 1.6 HDi 110 with a particle emission filter, 2006 model and it runs on unleaded, DAM Number 108408120206, engine is a turbo diesel DV6TED4 FAP

Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - galileo

Peugeot 207 5 door 1.6 HDi 110 with a particle emission filter, 2006 model and it runs on unleaded, DAM Number 108408120206, engine is a turbo diesel DV6TED4 FAP

Runs on unleaded? Not if its a diesel!

Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - Peter.N.

That might be his problem then!

Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - skidpan

Which BMW dealer does he work for. We need to warn them and customers who is working on their cars.

Okay.

Engine bay fuse panel...

Starter relay is powered from 2 fuses,

fuse 8 and fuse 13 so you should have + voltage on two relay terminals,

check your relay box side for the input/output terminals.

the switched output to the starter solenoid runs down through wire 100.

Ignition key wire 1025 is key on crank 12V to BSI reminal 6.

So If you have changed the engine bay fuse panel/module for a good one then the starter relay isn't recieving the relay ground signal from the BODY SYSTEMS INTERFACE.

It needs the BSI scanned by Peugeot Planet for faults stored before you can get anywhere.

Get it scanned.

Thanks for assistance

The problem is resolved.the engine wiring harnness on the part that runs next to the battery was corroded by the battery acid.I had to cut and repair that wiring.

after that i could see the ecu responding and he central lock works

car starts with no hasitation.

kind regards

chedrack

Peugeot 207 diesel - non start - Gibbo_Wirral

Thanks for coming back and updating us. Battery acid is a new one on me. Was it a faulty battery or do you think there's a design issue to blame?