Honda Jazz 1.4i-DSI SE - Engine Fault Code P0336 - Crank Position Sensor - adampbrown

The Engine Management Light on my 2002 1.4i-DSI SE came on, accompanied by the car intermittently losing power and cutting out. The fault code was read as P0336 (Crank Position Sensor) and the sensor was replaced without resolving the issue. I paid for the Honda Dealer to diagnose the problem and the "Master Technician" ensured me that replacing the 4 rear coils and spark plugs would resolve the issue. I took the car away (after a huge quote from the dealer) and had the work done at my local garage but the original issues still persist.

The Honda dealer are claiming that the issue wasn't fixed because the garage that undertook the work did not use official Honda coils, but I (and the mechanic that fitted them) thinks this is highly unlikely.

I would appreciate it if anybody has any advice on what the P0336 / engine cut-out issue could be and whether it really does make a difference if official Honda coils are used.

Honda Jazz 1.4i-DSI SE - Engine Fault Code P0336 - Crank Position Sensor - slkfanboy

Think there are know issues with EGR valves on the Jazz 1.4i DSI engines worth asking this to replace otherwise check all connections from coils to ECU as this seems to part of the recomended diagnoses steps

Edited by slkfanboy on 06/05/2015 at 14:49

Honda Jazz 1.4i-DSI SE - Engine Fault Code P0336 - Crank Position Sensor - adampbrown

Thanks for the reply. The EGR valve has not been mentioned but I know all the wiring/connections have been checked.

One mechanic mentioned that the timing chain may be slighly stretched or worn - does that sound feasible?

Honda Jazz 1.4i-DSI SE - Engine Fault Code P0336 - Crank Position Sensor - madf

www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/98/SAA2E98K72...L