Audi A3 Saloon - Dash cams - Billsboy

I am considering fitting my car with a dashcam and having researched the models available in "Which" and motoring magazines, settled on one costing around £150 in Halfords.

They will fit it for £30 but therein lies the problem. I cannot see how the trim around the winscreen can be easily removed and I am not sure how the warranty would be affected. (The car is 15 months old).

There must be power available near the interior mirror for the interior lights and the auto mirror and perhaps this could be tapped into. The local Audi dealer can offer no assistance and I would be interested to hear if anyone has overcome these problems.

Audi A3 Saloon - Dash cams - elekie&a/c doctor

All the dash cams come with a long power lead that plugs into power socket in the dash/console.Power cannot be taken from interior lights or automirror .I have my camera fixed to the top of screen ,near rear view mirror,with the cable tucked in behind the headlining and the power lead running along top of screen and then down behind door rubber to power socket on dash.This way there is no interference with existing wiring.