DVLA : Altered Awareness / Fitness to drive - MokkaMan

Hi

I have recently had what seems to be a minor cardiac event. The consultant dealing with the case has banned me from driving for six months. I did not lose consciousness during the event but was only breathless / sweaty for around fifteen minutes minutes. I was driving at the time and pulled safely into a layby.

Despite having numerous ECG's and echo and an angiogram, there is no evidence of any condition. Because there is no evidence of any condition, I am not been treated for any condition (If I was I could return to driving after one month's successful treatment). Hence why I must wait six months

He is defining the situation as Altered Awareness. I have asked for a second opinion, but it feels a little unfair and a bit of a catch 22.

Does anyone have any knowledge / awareness of this?

Many thanks

DVLA : Altered Awareness / Fitness to drive - RT

Cardiac conditions can be difficult to diagnose, particularly when they're intermittent.

Despite a collapse requiring ambulance and 24 hours hospitalisation, nothing specific was found for me - subsequent 24 pulse/BP recording showed nothing so not until I had a "reveal" implanted in my chest and subsequently checked was it found that my heart "forgets" to beat sometimes.

After an instant driving ban and constant cardiac monitoring while waiting for a pacemaker, I was eventually allowed to start driving again.