Ford Fiesta - 59 plate 1.6 TDCi rear exhaust replacement - Red_Alert

Hi, the rear box on my wifes Fiesta 1.6 TDCi (2009) is almost rotted away and will start blowing soon. I had a look underneath today and the box is in one piece with the centre pipe which runs down the underneath of the car and joins the flexi pipe via two bolts.

Now, my problem is that I am being told this can only come from a main dealer (quoted £300 including labour). I have called a lot of independant fitters and exhaust suppliers but they are not getting back to me.

What can I expect to pay for this part and who could supply it?

I can fit it myself and ideally just cut off the rear box and connect a new one in its place.

Ford Fiesta - 59 plate 1.6 TDCi rear exhaust replacement - elekie&a/c doctor
Euro car parts show centre and rear box for around £90.You will need to check that they are correct parts
Ford Fiesta - 59 plate 1.6 TDCi rear exhaust replacement - Red_Alert

Thanks for the quick reply. Just looked on Euro Car parts and yes they do show the exhaust in two parts if I enter the car details manually. Funnily enough if I enter my car registration number it says the part isn't listed. The plot thickens.

Ford Fiesta - 59 plate 1.6 TDCi rear exhaust replacement - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

A one-piece exhaust is fitted during manufacture, but with the suspension in place the exhaust can only be removed by cutting it. Hence the replacement is two-part.

My local tyre and exhaust bay had a new two-piece Bosal pipe and silencer delivered whilst he was cutting off the corroded one (like yours, just the bottom of the silencer was corroded). Very fast.

Edited by MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom on 31/12/2014 at 17:33

Ford Fiesta - 59 plate 1.6 TDCi rear exhaust replacement - gordonbennet

I'd have a chat with a friendly proper indy exhaust place, not one of the usual suspects.

Sometimes the original can be cut in the approriate place and a new rear section grafted onto it, worth asking about.

For £300 i'd be getting a custom stainless system made and fitted with a lifetime guarantee...more useful than a cast iron guarantee..:-)

Ford Fiesta - 59 plate 1.6 TDCi rear exhaust replacement - philmilk

Hi you can get a new rear box for your fiesta from exhaust centre on line for about £29-00 with a clamp, just cut the pip to sute and clamp the new cilencer on to it,{ a bit of cake}.

Hope this helps

Philip