"new car for oldroverboy!" - Kia RIO 1.2 - oldroverboy.

After a long time thinking about it went for a Kia Rio 2 to replace the chevrolet. seating position is better, and a bit smaller, lower road "tax" £30, less to insure, better fuel economy.

Bit obliged to change as the cruze had a malfunction light diagnosed as lambda/oxygen sensor so traded as is, trade in price reflects this, so not too unhappy, and a 1 year old rio about £5000 off new list. It si a rio 2 mettalic paint and most of the toys, so will update after some miles...

"new car for oldroverboy!" - Kia RIO 1.2 - Happy Blue!

Enjoy your new car.

"new car for oldroverboy!" - Kia RIO 1.2 - Boroman
Good luck with your new Rio. I've been seriously considering one of these for some time and would be interested in your first impressions.
Good luck with your new Rio. I've been seriously considering one of these for some time and would be interested in your first impressions.

I wrote that I had looked at a Venga on another posting a while back when a friend went to buy one, but the rio is ok for us, swmbo likes it as a smaller than the cruze, and my friend happy with the venga.

On another note, I was surprised at how much junk I had been carrying around in the cruze.

the price was also very attractive. £7995 + £10 for petrol + 30 ved. less what i was offered for the cruze. the rio is the 2 spec with alloys/aircon metallic paint and after 3 days... I like it. It was actually top of my shortlist as it has a "proper " handbrake

"new car for oldroverboy!" - Kia RIO 1.2 - Boroman
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Be careful with the handbrake on the Rio, I believe it acts on the rear discs and should only be pulled on after putting your foot hard on the brake first. There have been occasional instances of them "rolling away" after the discs have cooled. Some Rio owners always put the car in gear as an added precaution. I got this info from the uk owners forum.
Most owners seem pretty pleased with theirs and it seems a good alternative for SWMBO and I. Current car is aN 11 plate Fiesta Zetec 1.25.
"new car for oldroverboy!" - Kia RIO 1.2 - daveyK_UK

Interesting choice of car with a good warranty, hope it works out well.

Now 4 months and 4000 miles on, fuel consumtion indicating 50.a bit, actual about 47.9 brim to brim.

"new car for oldroverboy!" - Kia RIO 1.2 - Avant

That sounds like another efficient, highly economical petrol engine of the type that's making small diesels unnecessary - or else you're a very careful, gentle driver.

Perhaps a bit of both!

"new car for oldroverboy!" - Kia RIO 1.2 - Wackyracer

How do you find the gear change on the RIO? The few Kia's I have driven, I was not happy with the gear change. They felt a bit rough and unrefined.

Wacky racer,,, Gear change is knife through butter, although selecting 1st when starting from cold have to be sure to have clutch fully depressed.

Avant, driving where we live now and down the A12 and bit of the M25 means that attention really must be paid to other traffic, as is more "competitive" than West wales. So, taking more care, watching gaps and avoiding people like the 3 young men passing in a decrepit almera on the A12 by Romford yesterday who passed and pulled in front with the one on the back seat looking back, so slowed and got an ironic smile..

Mileage is good, but driving style is different and the 1.2 does not encourage enthusiastic driving, but ticks the boxes for me.

"new car for oldroverboy!" - Kia RIO 1.2 - jc2

Hope you gave their reg. number to the police!