Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - bery_451

What is the real mpg of this car in Hatchback version and Saloon Version?

Are they both the same weight/size or saloon version is heavier/bigger?

What about Insurance groups and road tax costs?

Thanks,

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - RobJP

I'm sorry, all of your serfs are busy right now.

Why not try doing a little bit of research yourself though ? The information on real MPG is on this site, as will be lots of information on sizes and weights of the cars involved.

Alternatively, you could type your questions into something called a 'search engine'. I believe a small american company named 'google' has created one of these (though others may also be available).

Edited by RobJP on 19/12/2014 at 12:59

Yes i had the privilage of using google and come to find confusing/contradictory information that according to this website a 59 plate mazda 6 ts 1.8 saloon version does not exist only hatchback/estate version for that year. However when i input reg number into sites it comes back as saloon?

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - balleballe

Will make no difference to MPG if it's saloon or hatchback.

I know the 2 litre gives around 35mpg around town and 40mpg on a run. 1.8 cant be too dissimilar

But according to honest John thats not the case between saloon and hatchback:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/mazda/6-2008/?section=data

Also on parkers:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/mazda/6/saloon-2007/running-costs/

Can someone confirm whether the mpg between saloon and hatchback version is exactly the same? If not then what causes the difference?

Going from this page, it took me a grand total of 3 (three) mouseclicks to get to HJ's RealMPG page for the 2008-2013 Mazda 6, which has economy for the 1.8 petrol engine.

Going from this page again, it took me three clicks to find the entire HJ review for the 2008-2013 Mazda 6, including the 'What's good/bad' sections, Specifications, Model History, a complete road test (including a video road test by HJ in person), etc, etc.

It's not difficult. Just requires people to look for themselves. But it's far easier to just be lazy, and ask other people to look for it, and to then spoonfeed you information.

You're also confusing 'official' MPG figures with 'real' MPG. The EEC fuel economy tests now bear no meaning or correlation to reality - basically, companies have figured out how to fiddle the tests, while still staying within the rules.

So a car that has had no alterations made from a decade ago would produce a better mpg / lower CO2 figure now, just due to the ways of getting round things, and the optimisations that are done nowadays.

Ignore 'official' MPG figures. Go for what people put in HJ's RealMPG, and you won't be far wrong.

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - piggy

Will make no difference to MPG if it's saloon or hatchback.

I know the 2 litre gives around 35mpg around town and 40mpg on a run. 1.8 cant be too dissimilar

Those figures agree with what I am getting from my 2lt. TS2. As for other running costs it has had a new battery and a set of tyres in 64k miles, so reasonably cheap to run for such a large car.

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - Ordovices

It's easy to roundly condemn the OP, but you made no attempt to answer their question. Your reply was unnecessarily sarcastic and unhelpful.

Or maybe you are perfect and know how to do everything, or maybe you are just a smug git who likes to point out other peoples faults.

Any of this ring a bell?

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - oldtoffee

>>Any of this ring a bell?

Now who's being sarcastic? The OP could have spent a little bit of time searching through the info on this site and then come up with some more informed questions if he/she hadn't got their answers. If someone can't be a***d to do a basic search then its a fair bet that their contributions to the forum aren't going to be that useful for others.

Hello, Ordovices, nice to see you too, back from your lurking.

Killed any cats, or been warned by any forum moderators recently ?

According to this website a 59 plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS Saloon does not exist? Can someone care to explain.

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - Wee Willie Winkie

In 2009 there was no saloon, only hatchback or estate. The new 2012 on model is saloon or estate.

Can you explain this saloon car then?:

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/mazda/6/1.8-ts-4dr/2009-(59)/ref/arncg-u-9074/

Its the car I reserved to pick up on monday depending if it passes my non professional inspection. I aint a professional mechanic just a average car buyer.

Its HPI clear and has a full service history.

Can someone fix the above link, its not doing the whole link only partial.

Edited by very_452001 on 20/12/2014 at 11:37

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - Wee Willie Winkie

Enjoy.

Edited by DieselBoy on 20/12/2014 at 13:47

What you mean?

Don't forget that absolutely no database is infallible : you might have a car that was on sale on the european mainland, and someone ordered in RHD (for example, british military personnel based there), which was then brought back and registered in the UK. It might also be what is called 'old stock' - basically, it sat around for a year or so before eventually being sold at a huge discount, so it could be of 2008 manufacture.

I've seen it before. For example, I remember when the L322 Range Rovers came out in 2003, lots of dealers got stuck with stocks of the P38s. Those P38s were still being registered (sold at a huge discount, obviously), and put on 'new' plates, as late as 2005.

So they put fake plates on it to cover the true age?

Any advice on what to check when I visit Arnold Clark on monday?

So they put fake plates on it to cover the true age?

No. The plate on the car bears absolutely NO reference to the date of manufacture. It is the date of first registration. NOTHING more.

For example, if I found an unregistered TVR from 2002 sitting in a warehouse, and wanted to register it, it would come back on a '64' plate. The fact that the factory closed down in 2005 means nothing.

Ok what about buying advise on arnold clark on monday?

Do a bit of research : you may find that it's possible to type the VIN off the car into a website, and get the build date for it (you can for BMW, and it shows my May 2013 registered car as being built on 8th April 2013).

Or you may find that the build date is on a sticker, under the bonnet (again, this used to be true for BMW, they put the paint code, build month/year and other data on the suspension mount points under the bonnet)

Or the build date may even be on the VIN plate.

Whichever it is (if any), in the end, it doesn't matter NOW if the car sat around for a year or two before being registered. What matters is the car, and how it has been serviced and maintained, and the condition it is in, and the price compared to other, similar cars.

All this 'but that particular model was stopped a few months earlier' is just noise. Treat it as such, and ignore it.

If you're concerned about the vehicle's identity, then stop worrying : If the vehicle ended up having a 'dodgy' identity, then Arnold Clark would be ENTIRELY liable to refund you, in law.

I mean what should i look out for on a mazda 6 and is there any reviews i can see on the arnold clark clydebank branch?

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - gordonbennet

Have you done as suggested in the very first reply and searched for anything yourself, anything at all?

HJ's reviews above a good starting point, owners forums etc can be found by putting suitable phrases into any search engine, you'll need to invest possibly a whole day searching and reading to learn all you need.

If you can't be bothered doing some of this for yourself you might be better advised to spend out on a professional inspection instead.

Arnold Clark sell lots of motors, they must be doing something right even if it's just providing vending coffee, a warm glass palace and easy/expensive credit to people who can't afford it, again a search engine will provide all the answers you need.

Edited by gordonbennet on 21/12/2014 at 08:43

Ok i did some more research and found out that according this website in the specifications section it states a saloon does 36mpg and the hatchback 40mpg. Saloon does 182g km co2 and hatchback does 162g km co2. Put when i put in the reg number i get back 162g km co2? It doesnt make sense.

You are fixating on something THAT DOES NOT MATTER. A couple of posts back, you'd gotten over this lot, and were asking what to look at when you went to go and see the car, rather than this lot.

I don't know how much more clearly I can put it.

It sounds to me like you've gotten cold feet over buying a car, you've put a deposit down and committed to buying it, and are looking for some excuse or other to get out of the deal. This looks, to you, like a good enough excuse, so you're going to run with it.

It's a 5/6 year old car. The exact CO2 numbers don't matter. Whether the car was a few months old, or was first used abroad and then personally imported, doesn't matter. What matters is the condition of it, the service record, the price.

Get on with it. Buy it, or don't.

Yes I like to get the specs clear before i buy it, its common sense otherwise I be wasting peoples time and my own time and my money.

According to this link:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/mazda/6-2008/?section=data

A saloon version was available in 1.8 TS in 2007 and they stopped selling it till August 2007 if you look at the bottom of the page.

Can anyone confirm that the 59 plate Im buying tomorrow is the above 2007 version? Or is this still a mystery?

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - madf

I make 11 off 2009 1.8TS Mazda 6 on Autotrader...

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - misar

This user review from What Car sounds like "your" car - or its twin!

• 2.0 TS 4dr James Toal , Fife . Date: 10/03/2011
    • Overall verdict 4 out of 5 stars
    • What's it like to drive 5 out of 5 stars
    • Running costs 4 out of 5 stars
    • Quality, practicality and equipment 3 out of 5 stars
    • Average MPG 37
    My car

I have a 2009 "59" 1.8TS Saloon bought new from the showroom, which apparently doesn't exist as a model. It is surprisingly spritely, extremely reliable, handles wonderfully well on Scottish A and B roads and is economical to service. I can understand the reported sticky gearbox problems, as reverse is sometimes difficult to engage. The paintwork is also softer then other cars I have had, being extremely susceptible to chips. The colour "Sparkling Ebony", a sort of maroon black is also not listed for the model and in common with other black cars has a white undercoat, making chips and scratches particularly noticable.

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - skidpan

Was the car a grey import? Specs in various EU countries differ and sometimes there are bargains to be had.

Was the car a grey import? Specs in various EU countries differ and sometimes there are bargains to be had.

tinyurl.com/q9fphoz shows i

the Mazda 6 sallon was sold from 2007 -12

(this is basic stuff the OP could find in 2 minutes)

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - misar

Parkers via Google says this specific saloon was in production from 1 to 30 November 2009:

www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/m.../

We really are the OP's stooges!

So the above websites are right and the honest john info is wrong?

It says on the online databases that date of 1st registration is 21/10/2009

How can a car be registered before its even built in the factory?

Still confused...

Edited by very_452001 on 21/12/2014 at 18:32

Have lost the will to live.

As I said a few posts ago :

It sounds to me like you've gotten cold feet over buying a car, you've put a deposit down and committed to buying it, and are looking for some excuse or other to get out of the deal. This looks, to you, like a good enough excuse, so you're going to run with it.

I''ve pointed out to the OP that HJ (or any other) database will have errors. I've pointed out to him that cars can sit around for a while before being registered. He's taken no notice of those points, and is continuing to harp on about some intangible fears, that make no sense at all - especially as he's buying off a big national chain.

If he was buying off a dodgy fly-by-night dealer, then it might be a different matter. But it's Arnold Clark.

He's looking for an out. This is a possibility of an 'out', whether he's just changed his mind, or has realised he can't afford it, or whatever.

I stand by those thoughts. He's desperately looking for an 'out', and anything will do.

Edited by RobJP on 21/12/2014 at 22:14

Lol all these crazy assumptions when all I wanted is clarification on running costs after reading contradicting databases.

You soud like a arnold clark salesman that is desperate to make this sale or you will lose your job lol.

So i assume this mystery saloon version doesnt do 40mpg average like the hatchback version?

Mazda 6 - 59 Plate Mazda 6 1.8 TS running costs advice? - Ordovices

Arnold Clark dealers have been mooted as a dealer large enough to be relied upon, they scored a whopping 1.4 out of 5 on the Review Centre. It was only out of 429 reviews and over some considerable period of time. If you take the last 12 months reviews, they amount to 105 reviews (a drop in the ocean for their overall sales, I suspect) however the approval rating is still palpably low, yet consistent.

This doesn't mean the cars are necessarily bad, it may just be the service received was wanting. If I were asked to give an opinion on certain Mazda and VW dealers, it would be comparably unfavourable. It's largely down to your experience and expectations.

RJP. No cats killed, there doesn't seem to be any around to cause a nuisance at the moment. Serendipity, perhaps?