Hyundai i30 Automatic - First Service - carquet

Hello John,

I bought my i30 automatic, diesel, Premium Pack, in February 2013. The handbook says to have it serviced 30,000 miles or 24months, it has done 18,500 miles so I have booked it in for the service next week, as we will be on holiday in January/February, what else do you recommend I ask the garage to check/change?

Should I ask the garage to flush the engine before refilling it with fresh oil or is that absolutely not necessary?

I have to say this is the best car I have owned, not the slighest problem, very comfortable and a pleasure to drive and I get 6 lt/100 km with mixed driving, but, the shortest journey we make is 30km so I think that helps.

As an aside, I couldn't find you in The Telegraph but luckily I have found your web site, which is much better than the newspaper!

Best wishes,

Dave.

Edited by carquet on 10/12/2014 at 10:40

Hyundai i30 Automatic - First Service - skidpan

I bought my i30 automatic, diesel, Premium Pack, in February 2013. The handbook says to have it serviced 30,000 miles or 24months,

No idea where you read that but all Hyundai and Kia vehicles require an inspection every 12 months or 10,000 miles and a service every 24 months or 20,000 miles. On a diesel the oil change interval is 20,000 miles.

I suspect what you are reading about is the 30,000 mile service plan which includes 3 services.

Since your vehicle is now almost 2 years old and has not been serviced you will find that your warranty is now null and void.

Hyundai i30 Automatic - First Service - carquet

Sorry but you are wrong, the service book, which is what I am reading, clearly states 30,000km or 24 momths for the first service and I had it confirmed at the dealers and the warranty is also confirmed as valid.

The other first inspection is for the anti-corrosion warranty every 2 years, and that will be done at the service.

I shoud have put the mileages in kilometers in my first post.

Edited by carquet on 10/12/2014 at 11:52

Hyundai i30 Automatic - First Service - skidpan

I shoud have put the mileages in kilometers in my first post.

Yes you should. Wrong information leads to wrong answers.

You should also have put in your original post that you are not in the UK. Service requirements differ from country to country and those I quoted are correct for the UK, if I could be bothered I would link you to the web site. Suggest you speak to the dealer to check them where you live.