Nissan Primera P11 2.0 TD SX - Nissan Primera P11 2.0 TD Fuel Pump Relay and Fuse - barrymurphy

Hi,

May main issue remaining is that the lift pump is not working and I believe I need a replacement. The car runs fine without it but loses power on a hill and a sloped start is difficult. Before I replace the pump I want to make sure the electrics are fine. I have done the tests for listening for the pump in the back, with a hose down the tank and under the car. No movement at all.

I get 13.8 volts at the pump harness connector with the car running so that looks ok and the fuel gauge works. The voltage does not drop after a few seconds which I would expect.

What is strange is I still get that voltage when I pull the fuel pump fuse? can that be explained? I pulled the fuse according to the fuse box layout diagram.

I also cannot locate the fuel pump relay. I have the service manuals and it describes RHD models having it under the drivers dash beside the eccs relay (although mine is a diesel and the manuals seem so to focuse on petrol versions a lot more). There is no relay beside the eccs relay and no terminal to connect one to. I have confirmed that the eccs relay is what it is as the car does not start when I remove it.

I have identified all other relays under the dash, they being ignition, accessorys, wiper, blower and power windows.

Where is the fuel pump relay? could it be under the hood even though the manual does not mention so. I really need to locate it before I buy a new pump,

Do I have one? Power never seems to drop. Could a relay stick closed?

Is my fuse box mixed up e.g. I have two 15a fuses that say blower motor on the diagram. One does not stop the blower when pulled but the other does.

thanks

Barry

Nissan Primera P11 2.0 TD SX - Nissan Primera P11 2.0 TD Fuel Pump Relay and Fuse - elekie&a/c doctor

I am not sure this model has a fuel pump relay or fuel lift pump .How many wires going into the tank?