Hyundai Getz - engine management light - superad

Just bought a 2004 1.3 gsi with 20k miles on. The check engine management light has started to flash occasionally when accelerating at low revs and the car Judders. The light then goes off and the car drives as it should again.

Otherwise the car is very smooth and mint. Any ideas what this could be?

Hyundai Getz - engine management light - elekie&a/c doctor
The engine malfunction light covers around 1000 faults.So anybody want to take a guess?
Hyundai Getz - engine management light - The-Mechanic

You need to get it plugged into a diagnostic computer to get the code(s) read. There's numerous causes for the light coming on and poor running and trying to give advice without anything to go on is pointless.

Once you have the fault codes and more importantly, the definitions of the codes to hand, I'm sure the community here can help.

Hyundai Getz - engine management light - Railroad.
If the MIL is flashing it indicates that the ECM has detected an engine misfire. There could be several possible causes, but since you say it happens when the engine is under load I'd start by changing the spark plugs whether or not you think they need changing, and if that doesn't cure it I'd check the plug leads and coils. Engine misfires under load see often HT related faults.

Thanks guys I am going to get it checked.

My local independent will do diagnostics for £36 or Hyundai for £79.

Not sure which is more accurate. From what I read about theGetz it is common for the CEL to come on but finding the problem not always easy.

Really hope I haven't bought a dud car.

They are changing coil pack, spark plugs and leads for £200. They seem confident that's the problem I hope they are right.