Satnav, car keys and house keys - Trilogy

Just a suggestion. Forgive me if if this has recently been covered on here. May I suggest people don't have car and house keys on the same keyring. If you do and you have a satnav in your car, with a 'Home' option, don't be surprised that if your car is stolen you find your house broken into shortly afterwards. Suggest you don't have 'Home' as home, perhaps 'Home' could be a police station miles from home. 'Home' then becomes e.g. Machested United football ground or whatever rockks your boat. Personally, I don't keep my car and house keys together.

Satnav, car keys and house keys - bathtub tom

I never keep 'home' in my pratnav, or my keys within fishing rod distance of my letter box.

Friends I know leave keys on the window ledge within sight of the plain glass in their porch, less than a couple of feet from the letter box!

Satnav, car keys and house keys - gordonbennet

When we had our front doors replaced we did away with the letter box, and instead bought a mail and parcel bin which is bolted to the wall outside, no regrets.

Satnav, car keys and house keys - Trilogy

My keys are never near a letter box. Either on me or in a pair of shoes.

Satnav, car keys and house keys - Smileyman

I've set nearby junction of two roads as my home, a junction I always drive past to get home - it's good enough for me and great to confuse anyone lucky enough to drive the car for me. But I do keep a set of house keys on the same keyring, too dangerous to with one but not the other!

Satnav, car keys and house keys - Happy Blue!

Like me. 'Home' takes me near but not so close that they could identify. Keys kept separate as I could drive any one of three cars, so need house keys to be separated from car keys.

Satnav, car keys and house keys - Doc

I always keep my keys hidden in the k******. oops!

Satnav, car keys and house keys - dan86

In our house we keep the car keys out of sight in the k****** and the house keys we hang up out of sight from amy windows. The alarm woukd go off if someone broke In anyhow.

Satnav, car keys and house keys - focussed

A simpler solution perhaps is to use the password function on the sat nav. If the thief can't get into the sat nav, they are less likely to be able to find where you live.

One of mine, a Garmin has a password function that can crucially, only be reset when it's in a preselected location.

Satnav, car keys and house keys - Andrew-T

I'm immune as I have no need for a satnav. I concede that delivery drivers and others who have to find unfamiliar addresses when driving alone have that need, but I don't. But since so many of the drivers trying to find our house end up on the wrong side of a railway, I think I'm pretty safe anyway.