vectra cdx98 - andycap
having just spent the last 2 days reading all the comments about omegas and vectra's i wonder if i have done the right thing.I just sold my '94 2L 16v omega after spending a few quid on an engine that refused to idle properly,took ages to warm up,and had more moisture inside than out!! so cos I basicaly like GM I am about to take del of the above car,done all the usual checks, fleet first then private owner all seems ok 97,000 on clock but ok as i only use it w/ends. 1/What should I look out for 2/is there anything i should do when i collect it 3/what do i need to check on a reg basis 4/ would an oil flush be a good idea ?
vectra cdx98 - Dan J
Have a good look over the vehicle on delivery and if you notice the term "Vauxhall" stamped anywhere on the car, this is GM's official code for "faulty" - return the car immediately.

Sorry - I jest after some bad experience. Would be good to know what engine the car had?

Regarding the oil flush, I've never been sold on it and always find giving the car a ruddy good thrashing then changing the oil immediately (allowing to drain out for at least an hour, overnight if possible) gives good results.

I guess your engine is either a 2.0 16v or the 2.5 V6 - if the 2.0l then make sure as hell the car has either had an extremely recent cambelt change or get one done yourself asap. Friend of mine had a 2.0l 98 and the Vauxhall dealer where changing belts on these at 35k which was far short of the prescribed mileage.

Good luck with your new motor anyway... Dan J
vectra cdx98 - andycap
Cheers Dan !! its a 2L seems quite clean paperwork regarding last cam belt change, also coming with 2yr warranty so fingers crossed
vectra cdx98 - Dan J
Well a 2 year warranty on a 98 car can't be sniffed at providing it covers all the important bits.

One thing I forgot to mention, aircon can be a nuisance on these cars and is prone to releasing all its gas if not used *very* regularly or permanently. If aircon is an important feature to you make sure you test it as the car is delivered and also take HJ's advice and use very regularly to keep it working.

One other thing - does your warranty cover the clutch? It's a mammoth task replacing this on any Vectra and this is one of the worst. Check yours is okay...

Can't think of anything else at the moment but if I do will post back - had also better get on with some work!