Any - Greatest Living Yorkshireman? - leaseman

At least I haven't seen any Yorkshire spammers selling k******s or pay day loans on the forum, so here's a proper topic!

The PM has communicated with Geoffrey Boycott, following the later individual's comments regarding William Haig as being the P.M's choice.

As a true Yorkshire ex-pat myself, I have to comment that my one and only close experience of the ex-batsman made me ashamed of my home county. He is arrogant, greedy and, above all, downright rude in the way he treats his admirers.

Not many years ago he attended a Cricket Club, to which I was attached. He did so upon payment of a not inconsiderable sum and spent a few hours coaching the colts, and a few hours in a question and answer session, attended by members and paying guests, in order to raise club funds.

In between organised times, he sat in the pavillion, feet up, watching Rugby on the television, and ignoring (and waving away without any sign of apology) anyone that approached him, including our loyal and hardworking tea lady (and any proper club cricketer knows the value of that function!) who had prepared a superb spread specifically for the "Great" man!

I could add more, but enough said- General consensus was Greedy, Arrogant and downright Nasty.

My Nomination? Jessica Ennis. Proper Yorkshire grit with no edge.

Any - Greatest Living Yorkshireman? - Bromptonaut

Born at Hyde Terrace Hospital Leeds in 1959 I feel qualified to comment albeit exiled in London and later Northampton since age of 20.

There are plenty who'll aver that Fittzwilliam's famous son is socaily lacking. But then again Hear All, See All, Say Nowt; Eat All Drink All, Pay Nowt is a bit of a county motto.

On holiday this year I met a retired teacher who'd served much of his career in Wath on Dearne and had taught William Hague. He did a convincing imitation ot the Hague Lad's speech to Tory Conference in 77(?) .

I'd go for Parkinson or possibly Austin Mitchell MP. Latter not so much for politics as his performance on BBC R4's political humour programme Out of Order with Charlie Kennedy and the late and much missed Julian Critchley.

Any - Greatest Living Yorkshireman? - Manatee

Has to be Alan Bennett.