Ford Focus Estate - Focus 2014 vs V50 2011 - paramos

Hi,

My little old Ford Fiesta needs an unworthy and costly visit to the garage, so now the time-to-buy a new car has come.

I have two medium-sized dogs and have no choice but to use the car to commute 25 km till my job, so the choice narrows to a nice state. I plan to keep on the car for as long as it can, so I´m not sure if I should look too deeply to depreciation here.

I have looked at a new Focus 1.0 125 hp titanium, a new Volvo V60 T3 your momentum (I´m in Sweden), a 3 y.o. Megane III dCi and a 3 y.o. Volvo V50 D2. I drive round 20000 km per year, so I think it will be ok with either petrol or diesel.

In any case I can take for good use your comments!

Thanks

Ford Focus Estate - Focus 2014 vs V50 2011 - oldtoffee

The Focus for me. Better shaped boot for carrying dogs, cheaper to buy (by at least £5,000 here in the UK), tax and run - 55mpg vs 42 mpg. The Volvo will be a couple of seconds quicker to 60 mph and 10mph faster. The Focus gets very good reviews with that engine and handles better. I wouldn't go for a diesel car with that mileage.

Ford Focus Estate - Focus 2014 vs V50 2011 - slkfanboy

IF running costs are your main issue then the Focus, but else the Volvo will be smother and more relaxed driving for every day use. The new super fast spining turbo's are a worrie to me and personally I would wait and see how they work out in practice.