Renault Kangoo - SL19dCi Engine Bay Smoke - hssdi

My Kangoo recently suffered a broken cambelt tensioner. Initially there were puffs of white smoke from the exhaust but by the time I slowly covered the half mile to my home there was almost total loss of power with white smoke pouring out of the exhaust and also from under the bonnet. There is obviously some major damage to the engine and I can understand the smoke from the exhaust but where would the smoke be coming from in the engine bay? It looked as if it was coming from the bottom of the engine. Tossing up whether to get the engine fixed or not. Kangoo 10 years old but only covered 50K and in very good condition (other than the main component!). I've been told that if the head is dismantled it is almost certain the injector rail will need replacing too as it's almost impossible to remove and replace without damagine - is this correct?

Renault Kangoo - SL19dCi Engine Bay Smoke - oldroverboy.

You could try to get an engine from a breakers, but is it worth it because of the age, even if as you say otherwise in good nick?

But Why this............ I slowly covered the half mile to my home there was almost total loss of power with white smoke pouring out of the exhaust and also from under the bonnet.

Renault Kangoo - SL19dCi Engine Bay Smoke - mss1tw

You could try to get an engine from a breakers, but is it worth it because of the age, even if as you say otherwise in good nick?

But Why this............ I slowly covered the half mile to my home there was almost total loss of power with white smoke pouring out of the exhaust and also from under the bonnet.

Loss of compression due to timing or engine damage I guess? White smoke will be unburt diesel.