All - Parking Charge Notices - JohnM52

Interesting that the Telegraph recenlty in Finance pages has an article about not having to pay such non-council notices for parking on private land and includeds basic info about how to appeal.

Hope this will filter to the Motoring seciton where the advice recenlty has been to roll over and pay these charges "since the are contractual under civil law". HJ has stopped arguing that they can be defeated in his recent responses so perhaps this is a move in the right direction.

All - Parking Charge Notices - Gibbo_Wirral

I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand I don't agree with private companies needing to dress their invoices up as fines, or charging astronomical sums, or billing people who've drove in twice in one day and its seen as one long stay.

But on the other, many people bring it on themselves by parking over two spaces or not even in a bay at all, or somewhere they shouldn't be parking, or claim they didn't see the signs.

Free parking should never be taken for granted.

All - Parking Charge Notices - skidpan

Went to the gym last evening and as usual the parking was a complete shambles.

The car park is large and free so no need to complain on that basis but there are notices asking customers to park in the spaces provided and leave the drop off zone for the surprising activity of dropping off and collecting people. There are clear notices informing customers that cars not parked correctly will be subject to a charge of some description.

When I arrived there were loads of spaces but i prefer to park round the back for several reasons. As I drove past the entrance there were the usual 3 large SUV's parked up in the drop off zone.

Round the back there were loads of spaces, parked up and started to walk to the entrance. At that point a "lady" in a Yeti pulled into a vacant space, reversed out and drove onto a grassed area opposite the entrance. Obviously the actual aprking spaces were too far for her to walk before excercising.

No sympathy for these people, they should be clamped, fined or banned from the gym (or preferably all 3).