Ford Fiesta - EAC Fail - Ford Fiesta TDCi 52 reg Diesel - emagdnim

I've seen a lot of posts regarding this fault but they all seem to of been posted quite some time ago so was wondering if anyone had found out a deffinative answer.

Issue started a week ago with the EAC fail error showing up while travelling down the M1, lost all acceleration, pulled over, turned car off and on again and all was fine. No issue for a week after that.

Driving down the M1 again yesterday and the error came up twice in the same journey and once again this morning. All at near enough the same area of the M1 (I know this could be irrelevant).

Car is going into the garage on Saturday and I'm going to ask them to clean/replace the pedal but if someone has any other ideas of what it could be that would be great.

Only had the thing 2 months and its needed for work!!

Hope someone could enlighten me

Edited by emagdnim on 24/07/2014 at 15:58

Ford Fiesta - EAC Fail - Ford Fiesta TDCi 52 reg Diesel - elekie&a/c doctor
How do you know the pedal is faulty?i would not want to replace it without some kind of tests being made.they are not cheap either .
Ford Fiesta - EAC Fail - Ford Fiesta TDCi 52 reg Diesel - emagdnim

Ive read on a few sites that the main cause for the issue normally comes to to the sensors on the pedal. I've seen people have spent 1000's trying to get this annoying issue solved.