Mazda MX5 - Texalarm Removal - SoundPressure

Hi, some words of advice from the experts please.

We have a Mazda MX5 Japanese import which has a Texalarm ATX16 alarm/immobiliser fitted. It is an aftermarket item rather than an original fitment judging by the wiring

Question is how do I remove it from the car? If the device is likely to render the car unusable when it feels like it we would prefer not to have it.

I am a resonably competent amateur but I am concerend that if I simply follow all the wires, disconnect them and remove the unit will I then have to reconnect any wires which were separated when the device was fitted?

Any words of wisdom will be welcome, thanks in advance!

Regards,

Masood

Mazda MX5 - Texalarm Removal - Ian D
Just about all alarms will immobilise the car when set, by interrupting the ignition circuit or a fuel system electrical feed so normally there will be cables that need to be reconnected. Not sure about that particular alarm.
Mazda MX5 - Texalarm Removal - Simon

If you can't trace the wires and establish what does what - ie what does immobilise the car, I would get an auto electrician to remove it for you. It should only take an hour or so.

Mazda MX5 - Texalarm Removal - elekie&a/c doctor

Should not be too difficult a job.Points to watch out are ;disconnect battery first ,just the neg terminal will be ok.Ease of removal will depend a lot on how well it was fitted in the first place.Also take care when cutting or disconnecting wires as you may find a lot of them the same colour (usually black).Put some marker tape around each one for identification.

Mazda MX5 - Texalarm Removal - bathtub tom

A simple google produced this: obrazki.elektroda.pl/6548628800_1362034596.png

You'll need to do a bit of translating!

Thanks for helping me to remove this texalarm, diagram will help me more to find cables,

its in swedish language and i can understand this language. :)

Thanks again,

Regards,

Masood

Edited by SoundPressure on 13/07/2014 at 13:18

Hello Ian D, I have checked this but the problem is that there are many connectors and wiring so i am little bit afraid to handle this situation but i just disconnect Speaker so meanwhile its not disturbance for my neighbors :)