2002 Toyota Avensis - Thinking of changing to LED - snuggles1406

I am thinking of changing my indicators over to led, can i fit a generic constant flash relay in place of the oem, or do i have to go down the resistor route? sPlus if i have to use resistors, do i have to put them on all the led indicator bulbs, or just on one set (i.e. left and right)?

2002 Toyota Avensis - Thinking of changing to LED - elekie&a/c doctor

Don't waste your time.You will need load resistors on each lamp that has been converted to led,unless the new leds have built in devices.There is no generic flasher relay that will replace the existing unit(if in fact it has one)to power led bulbs.This is a lot of effort for not a wothwhile result.My also be a problem at the next mot.

2002 Toyota Avensis - Thinking of changing to LED - gordonbennet

If is more light output you're after i would try one bulb first and see how good, or unbelievably poor the things are first.

Reversing light lenses/reflectors on my old Benz arn't great so the light output isn't exactly wonderful, 2 x standard 21w bulbs..so i bought a couple of LED bulbs hoping for better, disppointing is an understatement, they now reside in disgrace in my garage, about the only thing they'd be any use for would be as hand held lead lights via a couple of crocodile clips to connect straight to battery, no danger of blinding meself..;)