Backroomers' locations and info - Dan J
Hope you don't mind me starting a new thread with this Mark...

Thought occurred to me, looking at Dave taxi driver's lovely photo of the "Welcome to the borough of Congleton" sign, that we often stray into territories of the various posters on here and the odd beer here and there when that occurs would be a rather good idea. I assume that is kinda what happened with volvoman, HF and Mark (RLBS)?

I'll start if off...

Should any of you be trekking up to the plains of Cheshire I need as much persuading to go for a pint as I would to accept 20 grand tax free. So if you happen to be in this area and think you might have an hour spare than give me a shout as it'd be great to meet the people who come and post here.

I'm also often down in London as well.

Contact details are daniel_r_jeffery@hotmail.com

For anyone concerned about having their email account somewhere like this, all I can say is relax! Best thing to do is set up a "junk" account somewhere like Hotmail or Yahoo as it gives you an account you can use for anything such as this or competitions etc where you'll be forever spammed afterwards...
Backroomers' locations and info - Oz
It's probably worth driving up from the south just for the cheap beer prices alone. :-)

Oz (as was)
Backroomers' locations and info - Jonathan {p}
Not to mention the nicer people.

I live about 10 miles to the north of Dan.

Jonathan
Backroomers' locations and info - Oz
>>I live about 10 miles to the north of Dan.

Very wise of you Jonathan. ;-)

Oz (as was)
Backroomers' locations and info - Jonathan {p}
>>I live about 10 miles to the north of Dan.
Very wise of you Jonathan. ;-)
Oz (as was)

For living in the land of cheaper beer or nicer people ;-)
Backroomers' locations and info - eMBe {P}
In case anyone who has not seen the photos is wondering where to see them, they are at the link given in my signature below.
Backroomer photos: instructions at
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=10...4
Backroomers' locations and info - Toad, of Toad Hall.
Everyone as expected except Growler.

Growler - had you down as a ageing old gent in the twiglight off his years. A sort of John Thaw meets Arch Bishop Runcie.

Instead we now know what Karl Fogarty would look like if he was slightly inflated!!! ;-) ;-) ;-)
--
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Toads.
Backroomers' locations and info - THe Growler
Ageing old gent eh? I'll own up to the first word. I'm not sure what the "twiglight" of one's years is but if I find out I'll let you know. As for being inflated I cannot deny the appellation, but I would answer it with an old Arab proverb:

"If a man is thin how can he be prosperous, and if he is not prosperous, how can he be trusted?"

Backroomers' locations and info - Ian (Cape Town)
Growler,
The Growlette looks so tiny next to the Ford.
Why not get her to stand on the bonnet next time, and pretend it's a Rolls Royce?
:)
I(CT)
Backroomers' locations and info - Toad, of Toad Hall.
Growler - Hey, I didn't say fat. KF is pretty skinny.

Ian (CT) - I think private arangements regarding photos of Growlette should be dealt with off line... ;-)
--
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Toads.
Backroomers' locations and info - Dynamic Dave
"If a man is thin how can he be prosperous, and
if he is not prosperous, how can he be trusted?"

Seen on a rather large t-shirt "Lord if I can't be thin, make all of my friends fat!"
Backroomers' locations and info - Union Jack
"I'm not sure what the "twiglight" of one's years is ..."

Growler

Heaven forfend that anyone should even remotely suggest that you might be about to fall off your perch!

There's no need to celebrate birthdays - just keep having them ...

Jack
Seems I have stuck my head over the parapet here. Story of my life. Well you know what they say, it's the pioneers that get all the arrows.

If I'm wasting forum space Mark will attenuate me with his customery alacrity I have no doubt ;-)

The Ford F-150 Lariat is a very big pickup truck. Growlette is an average size Filipina, 5" 1" or so. Factor in a cheap chuck-away camera with a 2.8 lens and the convergence of all these may have resulted in the apparent incongruity. Small she may be but rest assured she can be an extremely forceful lady when she wants.

I'm 62, she's 29, so let's get that out of the way once and for all. Birthdays, Union J, are an essential here. Everyone expects to be taken out and ours are both in the same week as well.

As for less than sylph like qualities, she bought me a t-shirt which reads "I AM in shape. Round is a shape".

I doubt many will ever get over here to ng Republika ng Pilipinas. But if you ever do, the beer is cold and cheap, the women are gorgeous, we have the biggest shopping malls in the world outside the US with every brand you ever heard of and then some,and maybe the worst traffic. Oh, and it's warm.

One last thing before I get booted off here: there are no speed cameras (not much point given anything more than about 35km/hr is impossible). There are two known radar guns in the country, these are held by the chief of police. Every Sunday morning when the mood takes him he climbs up a tower he has had built on the South Luzon Expressway and zaps a few miscreants.

.....later

G.
Backroomers' locations and info - BrianW
Stoppit, Growler, you're making me jealous.
Oh, I forgot, it's Visit Philippines Year 2003

www.wowphilippines.com.ph/cgi-bin/dot/index2.asp

Now I really will shut up.
Backroomers' locations and info - HF
In response to Dan's original post here -

Well, it wasn't just a 'straying into territories' that happened to me, V and M - more a case of M willing to drive all that way just to deliver a favour.

Yours is a good thought, Dan, it certainly worked well for us at the weekend. Not sure how many northerners stray south, or the other way round though. Personally any meet-ups within a 5-mile radius of where I live I can just about manage, any further and it's a big no-no!!!!!

As for having a spare hour, I think a spare afternoon/evening and night is what's required! But it sounds like there's a fair few up your way, Dan, and if there's anyone you have an affinity with here, it's certainly worth the meeting!

Good idea and good post, in the right circumstances it can be fun.
HF