Used car research - tlee1994

Hello everybody,

I am a student from Bournemouth University, currently doing a research project around the car market.

My team is focusing on consumer perceptions of car dealerships, both used and new. The aim of the work is to build a large bank of research findings, which we can then use to write a report to be given to local car dealerships so that they can improve the service they offer to customers.

We would love to be able to get the opinions of Honest John users, and were wondering if you would be kind enough to fill out our short (less than 2 minutes) survey, and maybe share any of you experiences or opinions (good or bad) in this thread.

The link to the survey is:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/LGDYW9M

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for your time,

Tom

Used car research - Ed V

My own preference is to look online for the car I want, to see it in the flesh, to test drive it, to buy it.

Car vendors rarely allow buyers to see the exact model they're interested in, never mind test drive it.

I know there are now about 480 Focus models, but it cannot be too hard to have one with each engine-type available, auto and manual, large tyres and small...can it?

Used car research - RichT54

The attitude of the salesperson is very important. Several dealerships I have visited in the past just ignore you, or treat your questions with distain. At the other end of the spectrum you get the hard sell which is equally as annoying. I once visited a Ford dealership to look at a Mondeo, but the young salesman was determined to sell me a particular model, despite my repeating that I didn't want it. In the end I just walked away.

When I bought an Audi A3 recently, I was very impressed with the salesman who was polite, knowledgable and helpful. Plus there was also plenty of available customer parking, unlike several other dealerships I tried to visit.

Used car research - Avant

Where is that Rich? A good, friendly Audi dealership is worth knowing about.