peugeot 106 1997 R reg - clutch problems - redrach

help please, i am a girlie girl and have no idea about cars really,

my car has been fine no problems with driving or the clutch at all then all of a sudden when i oushed clutch down something went "ping" and clutch pedal went all loose,

i dont believe it is the Whole Clutch that has gone cause surely if it was on its way out i would of noticed something whilst driving but i havent,

i have "tried" to read the manual and cant find anything that helps me,

i have had a look at the pedal and behind the pedal is like a small white plastic clip thing that seems to have broken, how do i got about fixing this,

i am a single parent of 3 young bratts so really dont have the spare cash to pay a garage loads fo money that they would want to fix it,

can you help me in any way and please please dont talk too techincal as i would just get lost half way through reading it lol

and thank you in advance,

Rach

xx

peugeot 106 1997 R reg - clutch problems - neighbour

Hi, Sounds very much like the clutch cable cable has broken or the attachment point to the pedal maybe. A new cable if reqired will not break you and if you can find a friendly garage they ought to be able to fit the a replacement cable for less than the shed loads of dosh main agents charge. Good luck.