Nissan Qashqai - Replacement Wheel/Tyre Nissan Qashqai - GWGY

Intending to take a Qashqai to France on holiday. This model (NTec+) has only the reinflating stuff supplied (No spare or spacesaver). Have been looking at getting either a spare or spacesaver, but put off by prices etc. especially as it is a lease car.

So now my question:

The Qashqai has 215/55R18 wheels fitted.

Could I "borrow" from my Freelander it's spare wheel?

This has the following fitted: 215/65R16

This is in fact one of the wheel variants fitted to the Qashqai (according to owners handbook).

Comparing the wheels/tyres on a US website it show difference as minimal.

Would it be OK as a slow speed get me to the tyre dealers option?

What does the Forum think?

Geoff

Nissan Qashqai - Replacement Wheel/Tyre Nissan Qashqai - RT

You'd need to check the wheel mounting very carefully - number of bolts, pitch circle diameter (PCD), centre hub diameter - all need to be identical - offset (ET) can be +/- a little but must be close. You'd also need to check that your existing wheels have at least 25mm clearance between brake caliper and rim - because you're planning to fit a much smaller rim.

As the tyre size would be different, the wheel must be a different colour to the road wheels and marked with the maximum speed (not exceeding 50 mph) and only used as an emergency get to a tyre dealer, not get you home from France!

The probability is that one of the above points will give the no-no.

Edited by RT on 19/01/2014 at 15:05

Nissan Qashqai - Replacement Wheel/Tyre Nissan Qashqai - gordonbennet

I'd use the 'net to find the relevent wheel specs as correctly outlined by RT, then find other (probably Nisson or Renault) models with the same fitments, but preferably the right wheel, and source a used wheel and tyre from the usual online auction site...might even find a spacesaver that fits numerous models in the stable.

Then a well made scissor jack and a decent socket and bar to deal with the wheelbolts and you're in business.

Make sure you can undo the wheelbolts before you leave, and make sure the wheel you buy actually fits, and make sure if its not the correct wheel that the exsiting wheelbolts are suitable both length and taper/seat.

Edited by gordonbennet on 19/01/2014 at 15:26

Nissan Qashqai - Replacement Wheel/Tyre Nissan Qashqai - bathtub tom

Here we go: www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Nissan/

You'll have to look up your model yourself as there sems to be two lists for Qashqais.

I've posted this link so often, I wonder if it's worth listing it as a 'sticky'?

Nissan Qashqai - Replacement Wheel/Tyre Nissan Qashqai - gordonbennet

Coo, just looked up Freelander 1 on that site and believe it or not the PCD is the same (offset close) as the Cashcow, the centre bore of the FL wheels are however smaller...who'da thought that, given some spigot adaptors you could probably fit the Nissan wheels to a FL 1.

PS, probably find the LR jack and wheelbrace would do for the trip if you can find a wheel to suit.

Edited by gordonbennet on 19/01/2014 at 19:49