Keeping my foreign Number Plates in the UK - JayP555

I was living in Ireland for a year and bought a car with an Rep.Ireland number plate. I am moving back to the UK for 2 years but want to keep my Irish number plates, I will still regester it here but is there any way i can keep the plates as i am going to be moving back in a few years ?

Thanks

JayP

Keeping my foreign Number Plates in the UK - Bromptonaut

If I read this right you'll put it on a GB plate while you're here but want to keep same Irish number/plates for your return?

Surely the answer, if it's not on their website, is to phone the RoI equivalent of DVLA?

Keeping my foreign Number Plates in the UK - Doc

You can use a vehicle displaying non-UK number plates, and not have to tax or register it in the UK, if:

• you’re visiting the UK and don’t plan to live here
  • you only use the vehicle up to 6 months in a 12-month period (1 single visit, or several shorter visits adding up to a 6-month period)
  • the vehicle is registered and taxed in its home country

If you become a resident in the UK, you must tax and register your vehicle in the UK straight away.

Keeping my foreign Number Plates in the UK - colinh

However - if you can convince HMRC you are in UK for a set work period you can apply for a customs relief form, and keep the RoI plates - see under "students and workers":

www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/temporar...s