Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - Pete Mansell

My next car, possibly a Jazz, will most likely not come with a spare wheel as standard. I intend buying a set of winter tyres on steel wheels. Would it be considered acceptable to use one of the winter wheels as a spare during the summer, and a summer wheel as spare during the winter?

It would only be used in emergencies, and at a sensible slow speed. After all, this shouldn't be any more dangerous or illegal than driving with a space saver wheel on.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - Armitage Shanks {p}

Google search reveals this, from a Winter tyres discussion forum

http://www.wintertyreadvisor.co.uk/faq.asp#9

Can I fit winter tyres on one axle and leave my summer tyres on the other?

No. Winter tyre must be fitted in fours. Mixing winter and summer tyres can seriously affect the balance and handling of the vehicle.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - Brit_in_Germany

If the quetion is "is it illegal", in the UK I do not believe there would be any problems. I used to do this in my Accord, with no concerns, like you considering that it would be better than a space saver. Some countries have different opinions though - I once damaged two tyres after swerving to avoid another car in Austria and got a hire car to pick up a spare wheel from home but the hire car supplier told be to bring three wheels since mixing winter and summer tyres there is illegal.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - RT

It's not illegal in the UK if the tyres are the same size - the law only requires that you don't mix cross-ply with radial on the same axle. Tyre law in Germany can be very different.

Like a space-saver, it's only an emergency get-you-home measure.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - madf

A Rover 25 spare wheel is an exact fit for a Jazz.

Exact.

I have one. £25 from ebay. Unused.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - daveyK_UK

A Jazz spare wheel when ordered with a new car costs £180.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - catsdad
I bought a proper Honda spare online for my Civic for £125 or thereabouts from a dealer who advertises online. I assume a Jazz spare will cost about the same? It's just a skinny spare but I figured it was better than the notorious gunk. I suspect the spare well would take a full size spare on either the Jazz or Civic but didn't check this out.By the way Honda achieve class leading boot space figures by including the spare well space in the boot which is I think stretching a point a little as other manufacturers don't seem to do so?
Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - daveyK_UK

That was the price quoted from a Honda main dealer this week.

The £180 included the jack, etc.

The salesman decided to get annoyed my relative was not interested although I think it was more the salesmans insistance on paying list price for the basic 1.2 S model than the daft price for a spare wheel.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - nortones2

There are dealers who will deal. Try Cox Group: I have no connection.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - Hamsafar

You can use a different size wheel/tyre on one wheel in an emergency, as long as it is a different colour from the other 3 or has a coloured warning sticker and you do not exceed 50mph and it is marked as such.

Honda Jazz? - Cars with no spare wheel - warsaw boy

I bought Mini Clubman 3 years ago with the usual pump/foam. Luckily Mini has space for space saver wheel. Space saver from Mini costs £100+ so I went to my local tyre place and got one for £48 !! It`s still unused after 3 years. So, avoid the main dealers.