Ford Focus 1.8 petrol 2004 - New battery and now battery light coming on - ja9

Hi, I have had a new battery fitted and since then when braking sometimes the battery warning light comes on and it feels like the car might stall. Has anyone any idea why this might be? Had no problem before new battery fitted. Could it be poorly fitted or might it have triggered some other problem. Hope you can help please.

Edited by ja9 on 06/01/2014 at 22:28

Ford Focus 1.8 petrol 2004 - New battery and now battery light coming on - elekie&a/c doctor
Once the battery is disconnected ,the keep alive memory settings for the engine control unit are lost.I would suggest that the battery is disconnected again for 10 mins ,reconnect and take the car for a 20 min drive cycle.This should restore the memory.I doubt if there is any other issue here.
Ford Focus 1.8 petrol 2004 - New battery and now battery light coming on - bathtub tom

>> I have had a new battery fitted and since then when braking sometimes the battery warning light comes on and it feels like the car might stall.

How low do the revs fall when this happens, as indicated by the rev counter?

Hi, I havent noticed, sorry. It has only done it a couple of times so far as it was only the other day it was fitted. Also when braking I am usually busy looking at the road! Will see if I can notice next time, but will try the disconnect fix suggested as well. Thanks.

Thanks, will try that. I know my trip counter reset itself afterwards but everything else seemed ok, apart from this problem when braking.