Is it worth buying a new car for delivery in Feb - king tubby

Hi All

I am after a new Fiesta and can get a new one delivered in Feb by a main dealer, via an online broker in Feb. Is it better to wait a few weeks for the new plates re re-sale value, even though it will the same motor?

Any advice appreciated.

Is it worth buying a new car for delivery in Feb - xtrailman

I buy a new car at anytime, when you come to trade in the value is based on the month and year.

Personally i don't care what plate i have as its very quickly changed for another. My 13 plate is already dated.

Is it worth buying a new car for delivery in Feb - leaseman

It will obviously depend on how old the car is when you dispose of it and the mileage at the time, but the difference in value between a 63 plate car and a 14 plate car will be significant. Negotiate the same price for a March registration. Manufacturer's bonuses are based on quarterly targets, so the request should not be a problem.

Is it worth buying a new car for delivery in Feb - skidpan

It will obviously depend on how old the car is when you dispose of it and the mileage at the time, but the difference in value between a 63 plate car and a 14 plate car will be significant.

The difference will be significant if you intend selling the car when it is a year old. If you keep it until its 5 years old the difference will be insignificant.

If you can get a good deal that you are happy with go ahead. There are always cracking deals available in February (and August), most people don't want an old plate and garages are very keen to move cars.

If the price is the same for Feb or March wait until March.

Is it worth buying a new car for delivery in Feb - king tubby
Thanks, will do
Is it worth buying a new car for delivery in Feb - GBP1705

I bought a Focus Titanium on the 27th Feb 2013 for 15K with a couple of extras added in against book price of just over 20K, As i'm not intending to sell for at least 5 years the difference to me between a 62 plate or a 13 plate doesn't matter to me.

Other things to also consider, price risers often take place with the new plate.

And good deals can be achieved on old stock, my present Mazda Cx-5 is due for a minor face lift this year, but old stock is still available.

with mine i ordered 3 months before it was actually delivered end of July last year, but the dealer honored the deal at the negotiated price.

Is it worth buying a new car for delivery in Feb - leaseman

Amateurs! I refer to my response above. Titanium 2.0 TDCi available well below £15,000 depending on how it's financed.

Sorry what are you trying to say?