PCN- but no ticket on car!!! - concrete

I recently received a Notice to Owner about a PCN from my local council, which I knew nothing about. The photos clearly showing my car in a disabled bay and a ticket on the windscreen and the sign alongside the bay. Slam dunk. On investigating it appears my daughter was using my car that day. She collected my mother, her grandmother who is 94 and disabled, from the sheltered accommodation to take her shopping and get her out and about for a while. My daughter thought she could use the disabled bay because my mother is disabled. Wrong, and I told her so. But she swears that there was no ticket on the car when she returned, and I believe her. She is 35, has driven for 18 years and knows tickets can't just be dismissed. I wrote to the local authority and explained all this and apologised for the mistake and requested to be put back into the position of being able to pay the fixed penalty of £35. I think that some wag has obviously thought it highly amusing to remove the ticket and cause us further trouble. I hope the authority have some sympathy with our situation and apply common sense to it. I will let you know the outcome. PS some time ago I did apply for a Blue Badge, but have you seen the hoops you need to jump through to get one to transport a relative? It's easier to park anywhere and push the wheelchair!!! Cheers Concrete.

PCN- but no ticket on car!!! - RT

Sounds like you're trying to apply for an ambulance/minibus Blue Badge that care centres can use, that's the wrong one - you can't apply for a personal Blue Badge - it's for the disabled relative to do that and then you can use their badge if they're with you in the car. You can of course help them apply.

I'd guess that appealling to the local authority is the way forward and accept what they offer.

PCN- but no ticket on car!!! - Dwight Van Driver

It used to be a 'get out' clause if ticket was not handed to driver or put on the vehicle at the time.

New Regs came out in 2007/8 that empowered authorities to serve PCN by post.

Your appeal may work but I would not rely on it.

dvd