citroen xsara picasso 53 plate - airbag removal and fitting new stalk system - kennymcd

I need to remove my drivers airbag (column with 3 stalks) and was told there are screws or clips behind the steering wheel which required to be removed but I can't see any holes / screws or clips at all behind the wheel. Does this type of airbag just lever off?. Can anyone help in the steps to change over this complete stalk system as it is very expensive and I don't want to get it wrong. Thanks in anticipation.

citroen xsara picasso 53 plate - airbag removal and fitting new stalk system - elekie&a/c doctor

The airbag is secured to the wheel by a large spring clip.There should be an access hole in the steering wheel at 6 o,clock or possibly one at at 3 and the other at 9 o,clock.Do not be tempted to lever the airbag off,you will damage it.Also make sure you disconnect the battery before working on the airbag system.Once the airbag is removed,the steering wheel needs to be taken off to gain access to the switch/stalk unit.hth

citroen xsara picasso 53 plate - airbag removal and fitting new stalk system - kennymcd

Thanks for your help

citroen xsara picasso 53 plate - airbag removal and fitting new stalk system - Gibbo_Wirral

Have a read of this:

www.glodark.com/peugeot-307-horn.htm

As for the stalk, there's a chap in Bradford who repairs them for between £20 - £30 depending on whether you post it or visit him.

He has a permanent listing on Ebay and is a regular member on peugeotforum.com

I can vouch for him as a fellow member and a customer.