claim following a scam insurance claim against me - birdkeith

hi some 18 months ago ;whilst sitting in my car outside school i was approached by a young woman who claimed that my car had been in collision with hers and a slight scratch had been made on her vehicle,i told her no way and she replied i went to the police because you drove off, no police ever came to my house, some weeks later i recieved a letter from my insuance company informing me a claim against my car had been recieved by them and they wanted my instuctions, i told them not to pay anything because in my opinion it was a scam,shortly after i recieved a letter informing me that a inspector would be coming to check my vehicle for damage i never saw the inspector or indeed his report , but i did recieve a telephone call from a solicitor in liverpool informing me he was representing my insurers and asking for details ,i told him exactly as i told you above; and he sounded somewhat surprised about the small scratch, when i asked about that he replied the woman was in fact claiming low back whiplash,after the usual contact between this solicitor and her representative i was sent two statements one from the woman and another from her witness, they were conflicting on a number of salient points, there was apparently some discussion on the colour of my car and perhaps i should state here that my car is a motorbility vehicle,apparently requests were made by my insurers solicitor that the claim should be withdrawn which was obviously refused, weeks later i was asked if my car could be checked by a court appointed inspector ,which was duely carried out, i recieved a copy of that report and ,not that it was ever in doubt by myself it was revealed forensically that my vehicle had never come into contact with any other car let alone the claimants,there was some mention of colour again and i think there had been an inference that my car may have had a re spray, then i recived a letter informing me that the claim had been withdrawn,this has caused myself and my wife months of worry and stress, my wife has durin this period had a heart pacemaker inserted, thi was not caused by the situation chrinicled above but it most certainly has not helped, my question , can i now claim against her insurers, sorry its taken so long but i feel you needed to know all the relevant facts,, yours K Royle mr

claim following a scam insurance claim against me - FP

"...can i now claim against her insurers..."

For what, exactly?

For any kind of legal action or claim you need to have a very clear idea of what has been caused, and how it has been caused, before you can pin it on someone.

While you have my sympathy for the hassle resulting from this abortive claim, months of worry and stress suffered by you and your wife are pretty vague. If your health has been damaged and you can prove it, and its cause, with medical evidence, all well and good, but I get the feeling you will struggle to do so.

Just because you feel justifiably upset, you can't assume that you will be compensated for that.

claim following a scam insurance claim against me - Dwight Van Driver

FALSE CLAIM?

which is fraud?

which is criminal offence........

reported?

dvd

claim following a scam insurance claim against me - Andrew-T

Just enjoy the feeling that your statements have been vindicated, and leave it at that. Someone has 'tried it on' and not got away with it. It sounds as if several people have wasted a fair amount of time.