Ford Fusion 03 or 04 - Ford fusion?!? - agent.hunt

I know many of you don’t agree with my choice, but was wondering what your take on this is?

Basically I am considering Fusion coz I need a good visibility and a raised driving position (I am tall enough to justify this!!)

I know it has a dull image, but I believe the running costs, economy and insurance will be low on this model? Theoretically it is a raised fiesta right?

Also I can pick a decent low mileage used one for a small budget that I have at the moment.

Cheers everyone.

Ford Fusion 03 or 04 - Ford fusion?!? - tony g
Hi,
Nothing wrong with the fusion it's basically a fiesta ,sharing most of the same mechanicals ,the downside is the dull image ,the upside is the huge boot and the high driving position .

The only fault on fiesta and fusion is the clutch ,
What used to be called a thrust bearing ,I can't remember the new name ,fails at about 70k miles ,when it fails it's an gearbox out job ,the cost to repair is about £300 .

If your thinking about buying a fusion ,you need to test drive about ten miles ,as the fault won't show when the car is cold ,if it's faulty ,it will become increasingly difficult to put into gear .

Cost wise you can buy a 2005 version for £2000
Ford Fusion 03 or 04 - Ford fusion?!? - Engineer Andy

Supposedly the handling is very poor unless you get a model with stability control (my sister has one and says its much better).

Ford Fusion 03 or 04 - Ford fusion?!? - tony g
Hi ,andy ,
Did they ever offer a fusion in the uk with stability control ?

I know that ford offer a car based on the Mazda 6 also called a fusion for the American market ,are you confusing the two .