Oops,I think that I've used an old V5 form! Help! - Woody98

I've just sold my car for scrap on the Friday just gone. I found the V5 form beforehand in my car file, so filled out the relevant section, gave it to the scrap dealer, who filled out his section. He took his bit away and left me my section so I can send it to the DVLA, which I was planning on sending to them first thing on Monday to notify them on the change of ownership. All good so far.

However, I was just going through a bunch of paperwork looking for my RAC correspondence, when I was shocked to come across another V5 form (for the same owner - me - and same vehicle) which I don't remember seeing previously.

On reading more, it appears this is a new red V5 form. So now I'm worried that I've used an old (and possibly invalid) V5 form for this sale.

So I'm worried and don't know what to do next. Should I 'fess up to the DVLA and see what they say? What's the worst that can happen? Or should I just return the original section that I had intended to and see what happens next?

This was an honest mistake, but I am worried as to what happens next.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Oops,I think that I've used an old V5 form! Help! - oldroverboy.

Just return the form to DVLA with a note if you really want. but the "old" v5 will do the job perfectly well.

Oops,I think that I've used an old V5 form! Help! - Woody98

Just return the form to DVLA with a note if you really want. but the "old" v5 will do the job perfectly well.

Thanks! That sounds good, and will probably be what I'll do. Was just worried that I could get in trouble with DVLA somehow because I'd used an old V5 in the sale of the car. We'd had the car for 20 years, so I hadn't even had think about log books for a long time.