Peugeot 3008 - Turbo Failure - DW689
My 3008 has recently suffered a turbo failure and after some negotiations I paid over £700 to have it replaced. Now 3 weeks later I get the STOP warning on the dash, Engine Oil Pressure, so I obviously take it back to the dealership where the work was done. I am now being told I need a whole new engine!!! £6000 plus! How does that happen!?
Key factors:
Peugeot serviced the car back in April, a full service costing in excess of £400.
When the Turbo failed they said the oil level was low but not below the low mark on the dipstick.
Then they said the oil was thick.
When they carried out the service out in April they recorded mileage wrong.
When I got roadside assistance the operative said he believed there was diesel in the oil, a fault sometimes seen after a turbo change.
Where do I stand? Who pays for this new engine? Peugeot claim they have carried out 2 oil & filter changes, 1 at the service, 1 at the turbo change. So why now the problem and recommended new engine?
Anybody have some advice!?
Peugeot 3008 - Turbo Failure - dieselnut

So in three weeks the engine has lost or used about 3 litres or more of oil, assuming the garage did fill it properly after the turbo change. How many miles have you covered in the three weeks? Have you checked the oil level at any time since the turbo change? Is there any sign of an oil leak from the engine or turbo?