Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - Glenlea

Bought my new yeti in around march 2010 after a bout 2 months noticed when I was cleaning it thousands of fine chips along all the bottoms of the doors this is even with mud guards fitted front and rear, phoned the dealer who said ah yes we have a kit for that now ! car was fitted with a couple of clear strips on the back wheel arches and the doors re-painted. Stupidly I never realy checked the car but when washing never saw anything wrong with the paint work , until last week when I was up close to the bottom of the doors removing tar spots. The paint and cover strips are now peppered in chips and the paint is blistering. i'm absolutely fuming as I dont think a car of this age should be doing this. I've been told it's not happening with all the Yeti's. I'm still waiting to see if Skoda will rectify the problem again but not that hopeful as the car is out of warranty.

Can anyone give me any experiences or advise on this problem which I think the car has had from the design stage. A suggestion for the chipping was that the wheels are slightly proud of the wheel arches ?

ALL advice ideas welcome. Thanks

Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - Falkirk Bairn

http://tinyurl.com/lgfa4as

Corrosion warranty 12 years!

Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - Glenlea

Skoda UK say it's a paint thing so only 3 years and my warranty is out :( A friend advised to use the sale of goods act as this was a problem with the car from the start should expect it to last longer than it has and of course Skoda brought out the film to try to prevent the chipping which unfortunately in MY case it has not. I'll need to wait and see what happens when the dealer gets in touch next week . Another thing mentioned was something called Zinc Inclusions aparently a problem with VW models and Skoda ??? I've had several Skoda's and have never had this problem, we currently have a Fabia estate 2 years old and no chipping at all, only thing I can think of is that all our other Skoda's had metalic paint were as the Yeti has Corrida Red not sure if that woild make any difference. Again if anyone has sujestions regarding this topic pleaser post. Thanks :)

Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - runboy

I had a Skoda Octavia, 2007, brand new. I noticed a couple of months into ownership that there was a patch of bubbling paint on the roof, towards the gutter and just above the drivers head. I took it to the dealership who got the Skoda paint inspector in and they told me it was stone chips. End of story as far as they were concerned.

Personnaly I've never seen stone chips act in this way with a bubble underneath the paint but apart from paying for an independent inspection and getting into lengthy arguments there wasn't much else I felt like doing. I asked the dealer what he would knock off a trade-in if he saw my car with the problem and he said £200 so I wan't going to bother for that.

I stupidly bought another brand new Skoda a few years later which was beset with mechanical issues this time. I should have learnt my lesson first time round!

For me, Skoda have not covered themselves in glory but they must be doing something right if you go by the surveys.

Yea that's not good customer service especially on a new car. I must admit the dealer I go to has been great so far just waiting to hear from them next week might be a different story then. I don't use my loacal dealer as they blatantly lied to me on a service so I travel about 25 miles to another dealer who as I say has been great so far. It's a shame you've had two bad experinces, my wife and I have had a few Skoda's with very few issues. The paint on this Yeti is the worst thing I've had I'm just hoping because it was a problem from new they will repair it free of charge will let you all know.

Hi guys just to say got my Yeti back today all the doors resprayed and looking great, for now.My car was out of warranty but that doesn't have to mean you won't get the work done FREE of charge. It's taken almost 5 months but worth it, it has saved me more than £1000. If you don't get satisfaction from Skoda UK then take your case to the top DON'T GIVE UP.e:mail addresses available if you contact me. VW dealer suggested having a clear foil put along the doors. Good Luck.

Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - jamie745

5 months to do some painting?

They must've used the same 'Dulux certified' m****s I had for the kitchen.

Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - veryoldbear

Result!

Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - Martin.B

I have the same problem with my Skod Yeti. I have a 2010 Yeti where I found rust (lots of blisters) in 2012. It was repainted in summer of 2012 and now in 2013 the same problem pops up again. VW will not fix the problem again because it is a few months over a 3 year warranty. But it's the same problem that occurred after only 2 years. They made the paintjob just to keep me happy until the 3 year guaranty period passed. I have talked to paint shops and been told that if there is a galvanization problem it is no use to cover it with new paint. The only way to solve it is to get new metal that is galvanized in a correct way. But I guess that VW has no interest in changing my 5 doors. When I talked to the VW authorized paint shop they told me that VW has had this problem with a few of their models. Now I’m stuck with a Yeti that is rusting rapidly (the rust expand quickly when the galvanization is bad). The biggest problem is not that a fault has occurred on my car, but that VW is hiding the problem to save cost.

When I look through forums I can see that VW has problems with many of their car models. It seems that it is only certain batches that have this fault. But it is crazy for such a large brand to not take responsibility for a know production problem.

Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - bfisher
If you don't get satisfaction from Skoda UK then take your case to the top DON'T GIVE UP.e:mail addresses available if you contact me.

I would appreciate that 'magic' email address at Skoda UK as we are having great problems getting recompensed for a water pump failure in our 20 month old Skoda Yeti. Skoda Customer Services have shown no interest so far and have actually questioned whether the event really happened (despite us having an invoice and the old parts)!

Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi Elagance 170 bhp - Skoda Yeti Door Chipping and Bubbling - skidpan

I would appreciate that 'magic' email address at Skoda UK as we are having great problems getting recompensed for a water pump failure in our 20 month old Skoda Yeti. Skoda Customer Services have shown no interest so far and have actually questioned whether the event really happened (despite us having an invoice and the old parts)!

I presume that means you did not have the work carried out at a Skoda Dealer, why not. All warranties clearly state that work can only be carried out by an authorised agent. In exceptional circumstances I have heard of people getting the work done by not official garages but in all cases the work had to be authorised before hand.