ford focus c-max 1.6 tdci style 57 plate - question regarding TURBO issues on the 1.6 tdci - borderman44

DO anyone know if fords made any mods to the turbo regarding the oil feed on later models because i been reading some horror storys regarding the turbo failing ,i been reading up on issues regarding the turbo getting blocked and failing ,i want to buy this car but should i leave it due to the issues that can cause the engines to fail ,are all the ford engines affected by this problem .what can be done to prevent this from happening at the moment i have test driven the car and it drives ok the engine is quiet the mpg is around the 48 mark .the car as done 51000 miles with full history .should i deal or no deal .

ford focus c-max 1.6 tdci style 57 plate - question regarding TURBO issues on the 1.6 tdci - gordonbennet

Do you want to buy into a ticking time bomb scenario?

This car doesn't have the CVT box as well for two ticking time bombs does it?

ford focus c-max 1.6 tdci style 57 plate - question regarding TURBO issues on the 1.6 tdci - injection doc

READ THIS

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=91541

To be honest I dont understand why you still want to buy the car after you have read horror's about the cars reputation ! I suggest you read the above post & all 282 replies from others all suffering the same issue !

ford focus c-max 1.6 tdci style 57 plate - question regarding TURBO issues on the 1.6 tdci - borderman44

hi thanks i not bought the car and after reading up thay can burn it lol ,the carshop tried to sell it me .i hope the new feista 60 plate 1.4 tdci don't suffer from this ,thanks for your posts .

ford focus c-max 1.6 tdci style 57 plate - question regarding TURBO issues on the 1.6 tdci - Cyd

The OP raises a good question. Knowing about this problem on this engine, what preventative maintenance can existing owners carry out to prevent occurance?