VW Golf 1.6 Tdi DSG 105 Bhp - Extended warranties - Notthestig

I test drove one of these and was amazed at the performance as I was lead to believe the 1.6 diesel might be underpowered. The price was about £1000 more than it should have been, but it was a main dealer (Peugeot) and in a small rural town and it did come with a 5 year extended warranty. This seemed a fair deal, but I didn't want to be tied to that dealer for servicing.

Wondered if anyone has had experience of such along warranty and would be worth buying independant of the dealer. They would only knock off £200 without the warranty

VW Golf 1.6 Tdi DSG 105 Bhp - Extended warranties - gordonbennet

A 5 year warranty that has cost them about £200 then, you already know that its only good as spare bog roll, and tied to them for servicing to boot, cake and eat it garage...how are they going to service a DSG box that they will know absolutely nothing about?

I'd find another car, preferably with a manufacturers approved used scheme warranty, which usually are worth the paper they are printed on.

VW Golf 1.6 Tdi DSG 105 Bhp - Extended warranties - daveyK_UK

There is enough horror stories about the DSG and VW groups awful attitude to the problem

avoid

buy a Toyota

VW Golf 1.6 Tdi DSG 105 Bhp - Extended warranties - Collos25

Wherever you buy one make sure it does not have the DSG box fitted.