Honda Jazz - Being raped by KwikFit? - KJ1953

My exhaust broke between mid pipe and silencer section and reluctantly took to KwikFit as needed it done pronto. They quoted me £120 for it to be done in a couple of hours so was well happy. He showed me under car and I was shocked how the whole system was badly corroded. Got a call at lunch to say they had fitted new section but it was also blowing from the front. Now having whole new system including cat at a cost of £615!! My question is does this sound a reasonable price?

Honda Jazz - Being raped by KwikFit? - Falkirk Bairn

It will not be a Honda CAT, the Honda sensors might not like it!

6 years ago I repalced a Civic cat but it yielded a yellow spanner warning every now and then..

Honda Jazz - Being raped by KwikFit? - madf

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17TF0901&block_02=B__0200&block_03=21038

is a Honda dealer price list for an exhaust system.

£600 looks cheap to me.

Honda Jazz - Being raped by KwikFit? - elekie&a/c doctor

Honda genuine cats are very expensive.I would expect £5-600 just for the cat part alone.I would think the cat that has been fitted will be far inferior to the one that has been taken off.How old is the car?A cat on one of these should last the life of the car,at least 10 years.I guess they changed it because it looked old ,and there was more bonus for the fitter that done the job.Sorry to sound so negative,but I think you have been fleeced.

Honda Jazz - Being raped by KwikFit? - Cyd

I think you've been fleeced too.

In the USA cats are warranted for 10 years or 100,000 miles: it's the law!!

I'd be very surprised if there was anything wrong with it. And the unit they've fitted will be far inferior to the Honda unit.

Edited by Cyd{P} on 15/07/2013 at 20:04