Audi TT - Motoring legal protection - Allybrod20

I was wondering if some of you might be able to help.

I was looking through car insurance for my mother and noticed that the legal cover costs between £25 to £40. Is it really worth having it, I recall reading from on MoneySavingExpert that ideally its better to go for a cover that costs £10-£20.

I have been looking on Matthew's guide as recommended by Honest John few years ago, and now its no longer there. They've got a new business name - MEMonline.co.uk. I am not too sure about this.

Is there any companies that you could recommend - that I can get one for a good price. Please help.

Audi TT - Motoring legal protection - John Boy

MoneySavingExpert is a great website, but always seems to go for the cheapest. I'm not sure that I would in this instance. Incidentally, I paid £35 several years ago and it turned out to be worth every penny when I was in a no-fault accident.

Audi TT - Motoring legal protection - Allybrod20
Bump!

Does anyone know of this company MEMonline , it used to be Matthews guide, for motor legal protection. Could anyone recommend a stand alone motor legal protection.

I am getting conflicting advice re motor legal protection and whether it's worth taking one out. I know it's nice to have the protection but some say its not worth on paper so insurers charge whatever they like to make a profit. What's the best price roughly that a motor legal protection should be

Finding a car insurance is one of my biggest bugbear because I'm lumbered with so many different options, that makes my decisions difficult or the process more confusing. Wish it was that straightforward, meaning most of the options are INCLUDED in the price then take whatever you don't need, cos I'm sick of getting a nasty shock on the price.

Please help, re my questions, as I'm about to renew my car insurance by 13th aug. thanks

Audi TT - Motoring legal protection - oldtoffee

Here's one at half the usual price now down to just £5 and it covers up to £75k - 50% more than your quote!

www.driverguardian.co.uk/legal-protection-economy....g

Question is do you want your motor legal protection handled by another company than your insurance? I'd be happier paying more as part of the insurance premium so if anything bad or tricky happens and I have to make an insurance claim and also need legal protection I'm just dealing with one company and not having two companies telling me what they will or won't do. I don't know if that would be the case but I'm cynical enough to think it could be.

You could maybe tell your insurnace company that their quote for protection is very high and ask can they do something about it and if they do you'll go with them. The rest of the options shouldn't be that confusing, no claims discount protection - worth it if you have a few years ncd, can afford it, have a decent car and pay quite a lot for your insurance. Social domestic pleasure or business use - you need one or both. Breakdown cover - often cheaper with your insurnace if not don't take it. Insure your spouse/partner to drive the car - no.

Audi TT - Motoring legal protection - RT

The legal protection is usually handled by a 3rd party even if you pay your main insurer - it's valuable cover but only at the cheaper prices. Your passengers are claiming off your insurance for personal injury unless it's agreed by another driver's insurer to be no-fault - this can give a conflict of interest, hence the use of a 3rd party.

Breakdown cover isn't all the same, by a long way - don't just buy on price - work out what cover you need and check the small print.

The internet comparison sites are very basic about what options can be used - there's still research to be done even with an apparently good online quote.

I've used a broker for some years now, through the IAM affinity scheme - and they always beat the internet comparison sites on a like-for-like basis - buying half the cover you want for 10% less isn't a deal at all !!