Mitsubishi L200 / Nissan Navara - Insuring a pick up for private use - Problem_Polo :-/
Evening all,

The missus is on the lookout for her next motor and has taken a liking to a nice big pick up. We're looking at a Mitsu L200, double cab and probably in 'Animal' spec, or failing that possibly a Navara. Main stumbling block is the insurance, bearing in mind that these are technically commercial vehicles rather than private cars. There are plenty of these beasties knocking around and a fair few of them seem to be immaculate and clearly not working hard for a living, so I'm hoping we might have a few members here who can recommend insurers who offer sensible rates for private use?
Mitsubishi L200 / Nissan Navara - Insuring a pick up for private use - dacouch

Try Co OP, Direct Line and NFU

If there are any magazines relevant to pick ups look in them for adverts for brokers/insurers

Mitsubishi L200 / Nissan Navara - Insuring a pick up for private use - Cyd

As your first stop, have you tried the usual comparison routes?

Bear in mind Aviva and Direct Line and one or two others aren't on comparison sites.

BTW: I believe that HMRC regard these type of vehicles as private cars these days as so many business users were running them as "vans" in the past. Don't know about insurance companies though.

Mitsubishi L200 / Nissan Navara - Insuring a pick up for private use - Rats

When I bought my first Isuzu Rodeo about 7.5 years ago, I had to go through a broker as I was struggling to get insurance (partly as it was a second vehicle) but for the last few years I have managed to get great cover via LV......

Mitsubishi L200 / Nissan Navara - Insuring a pick up for private use - gordonbennet

NFU no longer allow pick ups to be insured as private, they go under a commercial vehicle policy, which isn't cheap and doesn't allow the policy holder to drive other vehicles under TPFT.

Not cheap (cheaper rural) but NFU insurance is very good.