Ford Focus Estate 59 - Faulty Air Conditioning - blowing warm one side - hbrown359

We have been having on going intermittant issues with our air conditioning. Sometimes it works fine and blows out cold air when turned down low. Often though it will be blowing ice cold air on two of the vents on one side of the car and warmer air through the other two vents. the sides do sometimes swap around as well. when the temp is turned up it will blow hot air one side and cooler air on the other. the actual pressure of the air is less on the side that is not working properly as well.

Our local ford dealer has had the car in many times during the last two years ( the issue occured whilst still under warranty) and have replaced pretty much the entire air con system, compressor, vents, control panel etc. They now seem stumped as to what could be causing it. As the air con does work at certain times we think the actual system must be ok as it will blow out air around 6 degrees C. Does anyone have any ideas of what would cause this fault?

Many thanks

Ford Focus Estate 59 - Faulty Air Conditioning - blowing warm one side - Peter.N.

Does it have dual zone heating? If so it would seem that the distribution flaps are not always stopping in the correct position, could be a faulty servo motor or control module fault.

Ford Focus Estate 59 - Faulty Air Conditioning - blowing warm one side - hbrown359

Yes it does have dual heating (if that is where you can alter the temp on each side of the car). I'm fairly sure that they have looked at the flaps but not those other two things so I will make sure that is suggested next time it goes in. At the point of head hitting wall hard at the moment! Many thanks for answering

Ford Focus Estate 59 - Faulty Air Conditioning - blowing warm one side - jeeve

Hi

I'm having a similar problem with my 2012 focus titanium: hot air on driver's one side , cold air on passenger side -

Ford dealer has had my car for 5 working days and no solution yet?

Wonder if there are a lot of people out there with this issue?

If you get an answer, please post it ASAP!

cheers