BMW E91 - 320i M Sport - MOT emissions failure at on 14,700 miles from new - Dude - {P}

I know that as a retired person, I now only undertake short journeys, but having just failed the MOT emissions test at only 14,700 miles from new, can someone please suggest a suitable fuel additive I could use to help prevent the build up of carbon on the catalyst and get me through the MOT emissions test ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

BMW E91 - 320i M Sport - MOT emissions failure at on 14,700 miles from new - brumex1

ive had this and it turned out the garage hasnt used the right setting for the car! has it still not passrd

BMW E91 - 320i M Sport - MOT emissions failure at on 14,700 miles from new - Dude - {P}

Garage had to put an additive in the fuel (Trade availability only) and I thrashed the engine for 20 miles in second gear at 5000 to 7000 r.p.m. - which thankfully got me through the MOT, but just don`t want to drive in this fashion too often - hence ny advice for a suitable fuel additive

BMW E91 - 320i M Sport - MOT emissions failure at on 14,700 miles from new - Cyd

The Italian tune would have been far more effective than the additive (especially over such a short distance). They made about 100% profit selling you an additive you didn't need.

BMW E91 - 320i M Sport - MOT emissions failure at on 14,700 miles from new - Cyd

can someone please suggest a suitable fuel additive I could use to help prevent the build up of carbon on the catalyst and get me through the MOT emissions test ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Yes, your right foot. A monthly "Italian tune" would work wonders.

And run it on Shell V Power if you can (or BP Ultimate or other branded super unleaded).

BMW E91 - 320i M Sport - MOT emissions failure at on 14,700 miles from new - unthrottled

Yes, your right foot. A monthly "Italian tune" would work wonders.

+1

Why did you buy a performance orientated car only to drive like a Guardian Reader?It might be worth trading it in for a 316. You'll probably find that the brakes start grating or squealing from inadequate use before long.