MINI Cooper and Cooper S - mini cooper camshaft sensor failed - myaquarium

had a camshaft sensor fitted 10 months ago which has now failed. there is a 2 year warranty on part.

bmw mini refuse to replace the part as they say there is rust on camshaft causing the failure.

car is owned by wife and she drives 3000miles a year which they say has caused the rust due to not enough use.

They offered to clean under rocker box and clean off rust and relace the sensor all at my cost.

I agreed for them to clean it up and place a sensor on the block. if it failed again i would pay if it worked the sensor should be covered by the warraanty I would still pay for rocker cover and remedial work.

On arriving to pick up car I found they had cleaned and removed the rust but not put a new sensor on stating it a waste of time but still requested £105 for work carried out even though the work was carried out on basis of sensor being fitted

I have offered to pay for sensor and if it doers not fail after 10 weeks have asked them to honour the warranty then and give me a refund. they refused.

however they have offerde to replace camshaft for £1000. who is in the right do i have any rights