Think i hit a parked car - kbreen

I was in my Private work carpark on Saturday and think i hit a BMW (heard a noise), i got out naturally thinking "oh dear, oh dear" and there was absolutely no damage to my car, no scratches or anything, it was perfect. Then i went over to see the other car and there was a massive dent and scratches and the number plate was broken, i went to get some advice from a couple of my collegues and they said there was no way i could damage a car that much and have no damage to mine, they said if i went in a said i'd hit it, he'd try and pin all the damage on me. They advised me to leave and not say anything. Have i done the right thing? or should i go back and confess i hit it and pay for all the damage even if it wasnt me? I am only 19 and have never had an accident, any advice would be greatly appreicated.

Think i hit a parked car - Armitage Shanks {p}

1. Was the relative position of your car to the BMW such that you COULD have caused that sort of damage?

2. Did you get anybody else to come out and look at the damage?

Was this day or night BTW?

Thanks for the reply, i was parked next to it like in a parking bay a space or so over and stupidly pulled out too quickly and think i hit the side of my car againist the front bumper of theirs. I got about 3 people to come and look at the damage of their car and they said there was no way. This was in the day time, i am just worried that i have done the wrong thing because i cant be 100% sure i didnt cause any damage.

Think i hit a parked car - Armitage Shanks {p}

If you were parked side by side (?) there is no way you could have damaged a front or rear number plate on the BMW is there?

I was pulling out from the parking space and i think i got too close to the front of his car, im not sure what i hit his car with, whether it was my tyre or something but i just dont think i could cause that much damage to another car and not have a scratch on mine. Just like to add that i was a space or so over from him so not right next to him, and believe i was straightened up when i hit him.

Edited by kbreen on 22/04/2013 at 10:06

Think i hit a parked car - veloster

if your 100% sure that there is no damage to your car or wheels than you carnt have hit the other car,,