Peugeot 307 XSI - Fuel System Monitor "Not Ready" - IanT1974

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 307 XSI, it had an itial problem of a misfire but have replaced the coil and plug, so thats all sorted.

But when i first start it up it runs a bit lumpy and gasy from the exhaust. Once it has run for 10 minutes it settles down and everything runs ok from there.

I have checked it with a small scanner and there are no fault code but the Fuel system monitor reports "Not Ready" all other sensors are reporting "Ready"

Any ideas, tips, suggestions would be helpful. i have had a mobile mechanic look at it, he said its running ok, but wants to give it an oil change etc?......... Could this be right?

Cheers

Peugeot 307 XSI - Fuel System Monitor "Not Ready" - elekie&a/c doctor

Yes,he could be right.The cold start misfire on some of these 307 models is caused by the hydraulic tappets "jacking up" and not allowing the inlet/exhaust vales to seat properly and thus cause a running issue.Peugeot do revised tappets for these ,but not a cheap job.Get the oil and filter changed and use a good quality oil to the correct spec.hth

Peugeot 307 XSI - Fuel System Monitor "Not Ready" - IanT1974

Thanks for the advise, makes complete sense.

As the car is 10 years old i think I will try the oil change forst using a good quality oil :-)

Peugeot 307 XSI - Fuel System Monitor "Not Ready" - Avant

Moved to Technical.