Honda Civic Type S - Honda Happiness? Have I been miss sold? - yorkshiretombo
I have been looking for the perfect Honda Civic Type S (2.2 diesel). I found the 'perfect car' but unfortunately it was a 200 mile round trip away. However it was being sold from a Honda dealer so I trusted that the car would be as described.

According to the Honda Approved website the car ticked all my boxes: Sat Nav, Bluetooth and iPod connectivity being the three important factors.

When I arrived, I discovered that the car didn't include Sat Nav. The dealer acknowledged this and apologised. I specifically clarified with the dealer that the car does include Bluetooth and iPod connectivity and he confirmed that it did so I decided to purchase the car with the understanding that it came without Sat Nav, but with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity....

When I came to pick the car up a few days later, I discovered that it did not come with the above items (after being listed on the website, and even confirmed by the dealer).

I have raised the issue with The Honda franchise, and they offered to give me a refund. I declined as I need a car for work, and I can get back to the dealer anytime soon (200 mile round trip).

I suggested that they retro fit the items in question, but they declined this.

After some discussions, they have offered me £140. I am not happy with this as to get the car up to the standard as advertised would cost me a lot more.

What are your thoughts?

Many thanks.
Honda Civic Type S - Honda Happiness? Have I been miss sold? - thunderbird

Rule 1 Never believe a car salesman

Rule 2 Never believe a car salesman

Rule 3 Never believe a car salesman

Why on earth did you not check that these were fitted before you bought it. Presumably they were not part of the standard specification on the model you bought and would have been added as extras by the origianl purchaser.

Its going to be your word against his unless you have a copy of the advert stating these extras are included.

Honda Civic Type S - Honda Happiness? Have I been miss sold? - yorkshiretombo
Thanks for your reply.

I agree, but I had hoped that buying from a reputable name such a Honda would provide me with reputable service! I stand corrected.

They have already admitted the website was incorrect, but I don't have a screen dump unfortunately.
Honda Civic Type S - Honda Happiness? Have I been miss sold? - RT

They've offered you a refund - that's as good as it'll get.

Honda Civic Type S - Honda Happiness? Have I been miss sold? - Cyd
Thanks for your reply. I agree, but I had hoped that buying from a reputable name such a Honda would provide me with reputable service! I stand corrected. They have already admitted the website was incorrect, but I don't have a screen dump unfortunately.

Once again tonight, I refer you to Thunderbirds reply.

Honda Civic Type S - Honda Happiness? Have I been miss sold? - tony g
(so I decided to purchase the car with the understanding that it came without Sat Nav, but with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity.... )

If you agreed the above with the dealer and can prove it ,then your entitled to have the items retro fitted to your car at the dealers expense .They form part of your contract to purchase .

If thier not willing to do the work ,get a quote from a different Honda dealer for the two items fitting .Then tell the selling dealer that you will pay for the work and pursue the dealer through the small claims court to recover the money plus the £300 court fees .
Honda Civic Type S - Honda Happiness? Have I been miss sold? - Armitage Shanks {p}

I think that car manufacturers have reputations, good or bad, undeserved ot otherwise. The dealers vary from Marvellous to Carp and everything in beween.and their reputations are totally unrelated to those of the manufacturers