ford ranger - ford ranger error code 6241 - PaulMXer

hi

my car has died and can't seem to get it to run again! b***** thing. it is a 2002 ford ranger 2.5 diesel. it has an error code of 6241 coming up on a diagnostics computer.

i believe this is something to do with the imobiliser ? but no idea really!

It wont do anything at the mo and i need to move it from a car park.. all ideas received gratefully/

Paul

ford ranger - ford ranger error code 6241 - injection doc
P1621 to P1628 are immobilisers related fault codes, the important thing is to understand what you have used to read the fault codes, as there is plenty of kit out there that will send you on a Wilde goose chase !
Does it actually turn over or is the starter circuit immobilised ?
Most common cause of non start is stuck EGR valve and blocked micro fine fuel filter in the fuel pump under the banjo bolt.
ford ranger - ford ranger error code 6241 - PaulMXer
P1621 to P1628 are immobilisers related fault codes, the important thing is to understand what you have used to read the fault codes, as there is plenty of kit out there that will send you on a Wilde goose chase ! Does it actually turn over or is the starter circuit immobilised ? Most common cause of non start is stuck EGR valve and blocked micro fine fuel filter in the fuel pump under the banjo bolt.

plugged into a texa diagnostics machine via a cable as these are non compliant. not doing anything, no action from engine whatsever just died completely. tried phoning ford but they are not interested atall :-)

Paul