Toyota Yaris mk II 2007 - Unresponsive driver console - mikem004

Driver console is completely blank, ignition switch does not start the car.
Headlights and cabin light do not turn on. Seems to be no power at all.
Central locking not working with remote key fob.
Car battery is 18 months old, reading 12.56 volts.
Disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery console lights up and shows *all* warning lights on, and sets the clock at 12:00. Warning lights disappear after starting up, car drives OK. But after shutting down the engine, the console is blank once again.

I was stranded at the supermarket the other day, but managed to redisplay the console by opening and closing the doors a few times. I thought it might be a central locking issue. But I have no luck with this technique since then...

Any fuses that I should check?

Toyota Yaris mk II 2007 - Unresponsive driver console - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds like there could be a bad connection issue at the battery terminals. I would also get the battery tested . Voltage indicated shows good , but not always an accurate test .
Toyota Yaris mk II 2007 - Unresponsive driver console - mikem004

I just gave the terminals a light scrub with a steel wool pan scourer and the console display now lights up and I can start the car! Remote locking/unlocking also work.

But the console is still showing a load of warning lights, although these disappear after starting up.

I may disconnect the terminals completely and give them a thorough clean -- although visually they look pretty clean.

Usually many warning lights will extinguish after a drive when battery disconnected.
Toyota Yaris mk II 2007 - Unresponsive driver console - bathtub tom
But the console is still showing a load of warning lights, although these disappear after starting up.

Are you sure that's not the 'bulb check' facility?

I’m not getting it . OP says they disappear after starting, so what’s the issue?