Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - Kenny A
I have a Mocca SE Turbo 1400cc petrol automatic with a engine warning light on, after diagnostics from the garage I was told to use super unleaded, after filling up the warning light came on again has anybody else had this problem.
Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - RT
I have a Mocca SE Turbo 1400cc petrol automatic with a engine warning light on, after diagnostics from the garage I was told to use super unleaded, after filling up the warning light came on again has anybody else had this problem.

You need to find another garage!

Engine warning lights set codes which can be read by the diagnostics - there isn't one for "use higher octane fuel"

Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - skidpan

A Mokka 1.4 will be perfectly OK on ordinary unleaded 95 RON, just like virtually every other car sold. Your garage clearly don't have a clue what is wrong.

Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - elekie&a/c doctor
As per your previous post , the camshaft timing is out . That’ll bring on the eml .
Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - Kenny A
The camshaft timing has been put right, but still have the same problem
Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - skidpan

Have they cleared faults in the ECU?

Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - elekie&a/c doctor
What fault is being logged?
Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - Big John
, after diagnostics from the garage

Is this the garage who sold you the car- I think you have bought someone else's problem. As it is recently purchased you have rights :-

www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights

Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - Gibbo_Wirral

Its like going to the doctor with chest pains and him saying "ah, its probably the coffee you drink - start having decaf"

Vauxhall Mokka - Engine warning light - edlithgow

Its like going to the doctor with chest pains and him saying "ah, its probably the coffee you drink - start having decaf"

If you think THAT is an example of bad medical advice, you clearly havn't had any.

Speculation, because we dont know what the fault code was, (and they seem to be pretty Delphic anyway. ), but I'd guess knock sensor activation is recorded, which would be a fairly rational (though rather treat-the-symptomish) explanation for this advice

Edited by edlithgow on 10/10/2023 at 02:28