Nissan Qashqai ePower - Nissan Qashqai ePower system fault - John Devereux

There is a group that is growing rapidly on Facebook about the ePower system fault message. My wife's car has just thrown up this fault after 7,000 trouble free miles. Our local dealership has, this far, been very good in supplying a courtesy car while hers is in for repair. However, there does seem to be a growing problem. Generator failure, wiring loom issues, fuel leaks and various other issues are coming to light. Whilst we appreciate that all manufacturers can have issues, the ePower system was extensively tested in Japan before release to the wider market. It seems that Nissan is trying to avoid a recall at the moment but the burgeoning number of complaints is worrying. Our dealership has told us that the fault has been identified and the part is ordered and due to be fitted this week. We remain hopeful and will update once we have the car back. It would be a shame if the issues continue as the car, for our purposes has been great to drive and suited our needs well.

Nissan Qashqai ePower - Nissan Qashqai ePower system fault - elekie&a/c doctor
Not sure if this is the technology of the future ? A petrol engine driving a generator to charge the battery. There’s no connection between the engine and drivetrain.
Nissan Qashqai ePower - Nissan Qashqai ePower system fault - Lee Power

John Cadogan has done a few videos on Nissan's e-POWER system if you wish to search YouTube.

It isn't the technology of the future & he has concerns over the battery part of the system.

Johns occasional use of bad language prevents me from posting links to them here on a family friendly site.

Nissan Qashqai ePower - Nissan Qashqai ePower system fault - Andycheese

I have just done 8k in my E-power Qashqai and am still experiencing faults from new. The first one being the heating system that had a mind of its own. It would at random, switch on at 24deg. etc. The dealership at the time didn't find any issues with it and I had to take a video of it happening to prove I wasn't going mad. It would appear that the steering wheel controls were the problem and it was changed. Great, problem solved. I now have a problem with the Intelligent Cruise Control system (ICC). When the cruise control is selected at a speed and the distance set at 2 bars, after around 15minutes into a new journey, the system gives out an audible alarm and the instrument cluster displays 'Temporarily Disabled Front Radar Blocked'. The lane guidance light and front impact light flashes. The only way to clear the fault is to stop and switch of the start/stop and switch it on again. After clearing it, approx 15mins, it does it again. Another issue is when I finish a phone call, a message in the centre of the instrument panel displays the name of the person I have spoken to and a 'Hang Up' message. The only way to clear it, is to phone my wife and get her to call me. Ahhhh!!! Next!! I have had a slight rattle, as if a body seam had come adrift. It occured when I accelerated and applied the brakes. When filling my washer bottle tank, I noticed a the bracket supporting the air conditioning pipes had a bolt missing. I put in an M6 bolt and washer to fix the problem. When I mentioned this to the dealership, they told me the air con pipe assembly would have to be totally replaced as they didn't have a bolt. It is an M6 Black flanged 15mm. Because I had fixed the problem using a non genuine bolt, my warranty would be invalid. (The whole world is mad). Whilst the car is nice to drive, these issues are driving me mad. When first reporting the ICC problem, the dealership sarcastically said 'If you read your handbook, it says clean your sensor behind the front grill'. Checked it and it was clean. Eventually got the dealership to have the car for the day and they found no faults, but they didn't drive it anywhere. I have been advised that Nissan Technical have been informed and am awaiting a response. Re the ICC, I use it all the time especially in the speed limit areas. I did get a lecture about not relying on it to slow me down when the vehicle in front has slowed down. It is the drivers responsibly. I agree, but why sell a car with the system? I have had other vehicles and it has worked fine, even to bring the vehicle to a halt.